1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Novice Astronomy student

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Ria2006, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

I have a new little astronomy student in my house. He doesn’t know how to set the new telescope. He doesn’t even know he s trying to watch stars with refractor upside down. He doesnot even know which galaxies compose of which stars. He doesn’t know what to do of fancy star gaze book I got for him.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    I have invested some 300$ for this little student. Big money for a little student. He fought a lot with me for buying some luxury designer jacket for that money instead. I scolded him for narrow thinking. I suggested why don’t you broaden your reach out of universe. You will get a different perspective of life. He said, "how boring, sit in backyard and gaze at something passive. I don’t need it." Finally as always I won in argument. So we have Starblast telescope of Orion in our backyard now.<o:p></o:p>
    He was lazy as his self . He ignored the telescope for a week. There it was lying in drawing hall corner unattended and uncared. I finally had my last word with him. He has to open it and start using it. After a lot of nagging, He unpacked and assembled the telescope finally. <o:p></o:p>
    We took it in backyard and after few minutes of gazing here and there, we found moon. That marvelous little moon, looked so real and so near.<o:p></o:p>
    This very "HE" jumped off his seat and exclaimed.. Thanks for forcing me to expand beyond my world. I love you. <o:p></o:p>
    P.s. In case , you didn’t realize that "He" is no one else than my own self. bonk<o:p></o:p>