November 2011 Mommies

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by ttc123, Mar 7, 2011.

1. life_voyage

life_voyage Senior IL'ite

Re: Twins............

ttc.. soooo very happy for you! god answered ur prayers in double! :) All the very best. Enjoy your pregnancy.

regards,
    tanuja

2. Confused211

Confused211 Gold IL'ite

Topics: Doppler, twins, visit to doctor after 40 days, telling friends, ultrasound.

Doppler: I would strongly recommend that you not get one, because the doctors find it hard to find the heartbeat sometimes, and it'll only add to your stress.

Twins: Yayyyy, I really wanted twins. Right till giving birth I hoped that there was one more in there that u/s just somehow missed :).

Visit to doctor: There's little a doctor can do before cardiac activity begins and can be seen on u/s, other than prescribe prenatal vitamins. Blood test won't tell much unless taken at 2 points in time 2-3 days apart. You've taken an hpt, you're pregnant, congratulations!!! Just be aware of any sharp pains; not pulling tugging pains, sharp, intense pains. It may warrant a trip to the er.

Telling friends: I waited until my 20 week u/s to tell most people including extended family. There is no reason for them to know so soon!

Ultrasound: They don't even do an u/s in Canada until 12-13 weeks, nor do they have a first appointment until almost then. Don't get worried if doctor won't recommend a scan.

Congratulations and HH9M to all!!!!!!!!

3. ttc123

ttc123 Senior IL'ite

Thanks everyone for showering so many wishes on me!!

My update - I've just completed 8 weeks and in 9th week now. Since last 2-3 morning sickness has intensified :bonk. I feel very hungry but what ever I eat comes out from vomiting.
    :spin Is there any safe medicine that reduces nausea and vomiting that I can go for :idea?
    Or any nausea proof food? Anything I eat has to come out (although only 10% of it comes out) and that makes me hungry every hour!! :hide:

And these days sickness not confined to morning, it continues till the evening and by evening I am so worn out that I sleep by 8:30-9 itself. I've taken friday off from work and going to enjoy a long weekend and watch the TV and WC final match :coffee

Good luck to Indian team, we can do it :thumbsup!!!

4. Confused211

Confused211 Gold IL'ite

Key to keep nausea down is to eat before you get hungry. While you're supposed to eat healthy and everything during pregnancy, you should also have energy to go about your days. What helped me? Rice, rice, rice. Protein, I couldn't keep down. Deep fried things like pooris were good too :). I would suck on a lemon or a lime or eat a few seeds of pomegranate after each meal. That seemed to help. Although on different days I couldn't think of some of these without throwing up. Stop eating before you feel full. Which would mean eating frequent small meals. Prepare for that! I would sit still for an hour after eating. At that time, it would stay down, but as soon as I stood up, it would come rushing out. I used to throw up everything or so it felt, and so helping it stay down for some time helped absorb something at least. I lost a bit of weight by the end of the first trimester, which is common. I made it all up later :).

When I had my first appointment at about 12 weeks or so, my OB said that eating only carbs during the first trimester is perfectly fine. Whatever you can keep down. I think he prescribed vitamin B6 to keep nausea down. I may still have a bottle lying around. I'll check and confirm.

Unless you aren't able to keep anything down and are getting dehydrated because of it (not good), it isn't a good idea to take any medications at this time. Mainly because they claim that they're safe and everything but you keep seeing recalls and class action lawsuits all the time. Pregnancy isn't a time to experiment with what you put in you.

5. shachu

shachu Senior IL'ite

Hi Nov ladies..MS and vomit has started for me from last wednesday. What all I like to eat before preg is not liked now. And thinking those food items brings me vomit sensation.

OMG!!! What to do? To avoid these, I am taking amla with salt, mango with salt, orange chocolate. But, the moment I have my breakfast like dosa, vermicelli, I vomit.

And when vomitting, I am feeling pain in my stomach and chest. Normally, when we vomit, the vomit comes from our under belly, the same way, the MS vomit also comes, will it cause any problem to my CRL?

Also I like to have only curd rice, but my DH scolds me on not having any healthy foods. I take fruits in middle.

I am scared. Any other home remedies to control MS, vomit?

6. Confused211

Confused211 Gold IL'ite

Shachu, curd rice is quite nutritious, actually! Try brown rice instead of white. Fruits are good too. Don't combine the two, however.

I didn't quite understand what you meant about where it hurts. But I would feel my stomach clenching to push every last bit out and it was especially horrid when there was nothing left to come out. I would literally crawl out of the bathroom at times. And I don't think it affects the baby regardless of where it hurts for you. Does that answer your question?

Again, as long as you're not dehydrated because of it, don't worry about the effects on the baby.

7. shachu

shachu Senior IL'ite

Yes, i was referring to the same feeling during vomit. Thnx for the clarity.

8. shaalunav

shaalunav New IL'ite

Hey shachu,
    Congratzzz to get MS in your way....jus kidding... take a lot of buttermilk, flavored yogurts like peach, vanilla, blueberry, strawberry...I took mango with salt but its not worked for me...so I takes a lot of buttermilk with lil pinch of salt (not with hing)...Drink lemon juices with sugar/ salt and pepper...I took a lot of pomegranate juice too...it helps me a lot....Try this out for your baby...It may helps you....

cheers,

9. Confused211

Confused211 Gold IL'ite

Word of caution. If you want to eat flavored yogurt, flavour it yourself. Don't eat store bought ones. They have boat loads of sugar in them. As also other quite unnecessary, potentially harmful additives and food colors.

10. shaalunav

shaalunav New IL'ite

Hey confused211,

Thanks for your concern...but I checked with my Doc and she told me, its okay to take yogurt during pregnancy. I don't take a lot of yogurt coz of my MS....

Thanks,