1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Notifications how much it makes me happy

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Nov 13, 2015.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

People might think me crazy but what to do I am like this , cant change myself even when I become 80 yrs old if I live that long. Dont mind living so long as long as I have good health, God's blessings and elder's blessings and good wishes from my friends and relatives which gives me inspiration and encouragement . If I live that long then by that time my granddaughters will be 14 yrs old and I can enjoy with them.

Ok now coming to the topic first thing when I open IL my window shows Finest posts of IL , so sometimes without logging in I see which are the nominations. Then when I log in I am anxious to know whether there are any notifications. Sometimes when I log in after a long time there are many notifications, some are subscribed threads, some are @mentions, some are post quotes. I feel so happy to see them. Sometimes without knowing I would have see the subscribed thread and when I go that there are no subscribed threads then I wonder who had given me feedback. Sometimes when I see the likes to my thread I feel there must be feedback also and no feedback from that person I feel disappointed. I know all are not free like me and in their busy schedule they come here and are able to give feedbacks only to some. I am not complaining but only letting out my feelings as I cant keep anything in my heart. If I let out whatever in my heart then my heart becomes light because I have shared with others. The secret to my success is because of this only , keeping in the heart increases our problems, sharing with others we get some solutions to our problems and if need we can solve our problems according to their advises if we are ready to take the advise.

I give a like to a thread when I am going to give a feedback to that thread. Also give likes to the feedbacks when I give the replies . If I give earlier I wont remember whether I had replied or not . As far as possible I try to give replies the feedbacks fast. But sometimes there are so many feedbacks, as I post in other forums too other than snippets. So it takes time. Sometimes I feel I should give feedback to others also just as I expect feedbacks from others. Of late due to shifting, Navratri, Diwali etc. I have been a little late in giving feedbacks. Also if anything comes to my mind I have no patience to write down and post later as others do and post it immediately.

Hope I have not written anything wrong, please excuse me if I have written anything wrong. Ihave only shared my feelings.

7 people like this.

2. divshiri87

divshiri87 Gold IL'ite

Nothing wrong Viji ji... We have right to express our feelings if it dont hurt others. Anyways whatever you expressed wont hurt others as far i know because of the words you have choosen.
    You are very right Viji ji. Whenever i see any feedback, i will be very happy. I will be happy too if i see any likes. But what makes more happy is valuable feedback. We will come know how they feel after viewing our post. Even if it is suggestion, i am ready to accept.
    Nice post...

1 person likes this.
  3. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Mami,

Don't worry too much, sometimes I am busy and I don't hv time to post...that is the reason I post likes...Many might be in the same boat.. I appreciate your post and dedication at your age. I am not sure whether I would be in a position to do so at your age. Your snippets along with Jayasala Mami and Viswa Sir are the ones I usually don't miss. So cheer up and I would like to see smile on your face while reading this reply.
    Take care of your as well as Mama's health...

Vaidehi

4 people like this.
  4. daisy2015

daisy2015 Platinum IL'ite

Hello Viji maa:wave:, it's me again. Can I say same pinch? I too eagerly look at the notifications the moment I login. I feel happy when I see there are some(even if it is only one notification), no matter whether they are likes, mentions, post quotes or PM's. They just bring a smile on my face and happiness to my heart that today someone has thought about me or read something I have posted and took time to give a reply or like.

There is nothing wrong in what you have written. So cheer up hugsmiley

Love
    daisy2015

1 person likes this.
  5. surekhap

surekhap Platinum IL'ite

@iyerviji amma i almost read all your snippets and feed backs . Due to lack of time i just click a like and skip the response many times. After reading any snippet I think of it for a long time but sitting in front of the computer and typing all my feeling take a really long time and that's what I am not having now a days. One thing I have alreadly mentioned in my earlier posts that I just admire your enthusiasm whether in art and craft , snippets, or nominations of finest posts.

1 person likes this.
  6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Welcome to my thread @divshiri87 dear, glad to know my post wont hurt others.
    Glad to know you also are happy to see feedbacks and likes, more happy with valuable feedback. YOu are ready to accept suggestions too. Thats good. Thanks dear for your valuable feedback

7. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Vijiakka,

You are like an open book and there is nothing to mistake your words. You are always like that which makes others comfortable. Like you I also first notice the notifications and I give priority to respond to those who gave me feedback to my snippets. As they cared to respond, it is important to respond back.

But I am also carefully noticing a few reputed writers who don't respond at all or respond only to select few and I stopped commenting on their snippets. It is disrespectful to people especially when they spend time to comment on the snippet. That is my humble view.

Viswa

5 people like this.
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

I am not worried @vaidehi dear, in fact I am glad that you have given feedbacks for so many of my posts and I felt very happy getting your feedback. Thanks for your appreciation. Thanks dear for your concern, you already brought a smile on my face with your loving message . Feel so happy that are people caring and loving me.

1 person likes this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Glad to know same pinch with you too @daisy dear. Glad to know that you also feel happy with th enotifications and likes. So you are also like me feeling happy and it brings a smile on your face seeing the likes, mentions, post quotes etc.

10. sreeram

sreeram IL Hall of Fame

Join the club.... Even i check for the notifications first thing when i open the page. Seeing the likes,post quotes or mentions i feel very happy and at the same time i feel disappointed when there is no notification. It happens ma nothing wrong in sharing your feelings here in IL after all it's our second home. That's how i feel when i exchange posts here.

So don't worry at all ma, as Vaidehi mam said some may give just likes due to lack of time or sometimes it happena for me too that the reply box doesn't get downloaded properly to type the feedback.

So just be cool ma, take care of your health and uncle's too.

1 person likes this.