1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Nothing is indisposable!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Dec 22, 2007.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,
    This virtual breakfast is dedicated to you, my dear friend, for helping me come out with a "low cholestrol" recipe, by lightly teasing me, but indirectly prodding me.
    Love,
    Chithra.

Attached Files:

2. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Thank Dear Sri Sir for this incredible concoction and grand imagination :hatsoff

I too am enjoying my virtual breakfast thanks to you!!

3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chithra
    Guinea pigs always give raving reviews of what they are given for fear that if they dont, they may be forced to take it again!
    Sri

4. Cheeniya

Dear Chithra
    Your perseverence amazes me! I see that criticism brings out the best in you! Thank you for dedicating your new effort to me and I thank you more for not naming it after me. Your new product is visually stunning and the gold and brown combo is just perfect. I always say that whatever one makes must look visually appetising even if its offensive to the palate! Kindly accept my congratulations on your well deserved victory!
    Sri

5. Cheeniya

Dear AC
    Are you enjoying it because it is just 'visual'? I admire your skill in selecting your words to express your feelings. 'Concoction' is used for the first time to review a recipe!
    Sri ;-)

6. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sri,

Well, I never had the luck of hearing such good old stories. I lost my grand parents when I was a kid. I recollect that they would ask me narrate incidents of my school, garden, my friends , they never spoke much about their times. I used to watch Malgudi Days the serial on Doordarshan. It would portray village life. My parents would always say, never look back at the past, however pleasant it was or bad it was, there is a future waiting for us and the present is here for us to hug it with open arms. My parents believed in progression and progressive thinking. We have inherited the same. Past is fine to talk about when you are warming up with friends, college days, those days, those activities.. not always.... I cherish the present and love the future as it makes me live my life with a hope........

7. Cheeniya

Dear Mals
    The relevance of the Past in living our Present and shaping our Future has always engaged the minds of the Philosophers. Many think that Past and Future are as alive as the Present. What is Past in a Planet several million light years away can be Future for us living in this planet of Earth.
    The experience of the Past and expectations of the Future must get nicely amalgamated in the Present. We can't totally divest ourselves of the experience of the Past or the expectations of Future. The Past, Present and Future affect even the living beings that have a life span as short as a few hours!
    Sri

8. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya Sir!
    This was a wonderful column! You could make use of even the disposables to fill in your forum! That really needs a genius like you sir! Hats off to you. When you mentioned about Ravi Verma paintings in calendars, it made me recollect how my hubby had carefully wrapped the frames of Goddesses Lakshmi and Saraswathi to be preserved for the right place that was justified for them. Now they adorn our hall of our new home. They were the legacies brought from his ancestral home along with Tanjore paintings and a few rare books.
    Thank you for taking us back to our nostalgic days when we used to get a kg of salt for 25 paise!

9. Cheeniya

Dear Malathi
    Sorry for the delay in acknowledging your generous praise. Anything that kindles our feelings of nostalgia fills us with a warmth and it is perhaps that warmth that is reflected in your appreciation!
    As I was writing this thread and interacting with all the ILites, the people I missed most are my paternal aunts and my grandma who used to fill me in with enthralling tales of a century! My grandma was always of the view that the British were better administrators!
    Sri

10. gayathriar

gayathriar Bronze IL'ite

That was an excellent write-up taking me back in Time Machine half a century back. Fortunately, I have one octogenerian grandfather and two octogenerian grandmothers. How I love listening to their musings - not just events but also anecdotes including the times I grew up. And a big amen to - 'The stories of their exploits and failures fill me with a warm glow and enable me to take on life's challenges with grit and determination'.

I am sure this has to be experienced to be relished. Coming to things, I might probably want to keep some that were really loved, but not all the belongings.
    Note: I seem to have started liking oats and horsegram. And now wondering if I am snatching food from the mouth of horse :)