1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Nothing is indisposable!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Dec 22, 2007.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Veda
    This reminds me of an old Hindi film song, 'Hamee sse muhabbat, hamee se ladayi!'
    This story is very familiar if the missing words are added, 'And they lived happily ever after!'
    Sri:hatsoff

2. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Sri,

Thanks a ton...... Now I can confidently tackle the avalanche from the Great amma, shan and others.....

I never thought my one simple statemnt will creat such an uproar.... After three hectic weeks I am enjoying myself now.....hahahahahahahahaha.... Still I couldnt control my laugh.....

Thanx.....

3. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya Sir
    Dont know where to start..:lol:

Walnut or oats Pongal OMG I am also like Veda laughing too much :thumbsup

And AND And

Also Got in the Wrong side of BED?? :rotfl

Veda I am with you in support ..can see both you and my dh are senteee MENTAL:tongue

I am glad I even got out of bed (right side or wrong) am having so much fun :banana

4. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Le C & AC,
    Right side or wrong side - I am sane, no problem - not dancing, because you are so anxious about my arthritic knees !.Well, Sri, you write

Do your recipes involve usage of numerous pans and pots? Why pots particularly? Anything exciting being contemplated for this Pongal? Walnut or oats pongal?

Did the grapevine give you prior news? Yes, walnut halwa & oats pongal are tried for pongal, tested & declared "superb" ! Your wife was asking me, why I did not get her oats idli for tasting. I said, "please come home - I will happily give you; but not to the gentleman whom you are living with" ! Well, please be informed, tomorrow, we are going to a cutcheri in the evening after a tiffin of Walnut halwa & oats pongal & some oats idli for sample.Well, when she raves about it ( i know, she will do it because they are all very tasty), you will take back your words !
    I will be thinking "venungattikku venum - vengalakattikku venum" !
    Loce,
    La C.

5. Cheeniya

Dear Chithra
    "I will happily give you; but not to the gentleman whom you are living with" !
    That statement of yours reminded me of a story. A man saw a friend of his with an imperious looking lady walking along Marina. Next day morning, he asked him who was the lady he was walking with and the man replied,"Hey! It was no lady! It was my wife!"
    I dont know why husbands and wives are not referred to as gentlemen or ladies by their friends.
    Your calling me so is indeed an honour! Thank you!
    Looks like we live in China and this is the Year of the Horse! Everything we eat is horse-oriented! The rate at which we seem to be consuming oats, I pity the poor horses. They may have to switch over to 'Ulundu'!
    Sri

6. Chitvish

Dear Sri,
    I am sure you are a tamil student & know exactly what a "vanja pugazchi aNi" means !
    That is exactly what I convey:
    I dont know why husbands and wives are not referred to as gentlemen or ladies by their friends.
    Your calling me so is indeed an honour! Thank you!

Love,
    Chithra.

7. Cheeniya

Pugazchi panjathil adipattavanukku, vanja pugazchiyum sammadhame!

8. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri
    I better stop reading because I'm literally :rotfland all the newly bought pans and pots are sitting like "Kollu" ??!!!!!

How is it even possible for someone to assume someone else will RAVE after eating said food?? Is that poor guinea pig emotionally blackmailed the poor thing:oops:

9. Chitvish

Dear AC,
    Reading my threads like a time-pass, you are capable of only such statements !
    I assess my recipes honestly to myself & then ony release !
    What I plan to try tomorrow belong to the super category ! No first chapter surely !
    Guinea pig ? - see the reviews for my first trials in the Chennai Meet thread !
    All under the promise of eternal support & friendship, you are talking, my young friend !
    Still love you, AC
    La C.

10. Chitvish

Dear Sri,
    How do I thankyou enough?
    All I can say is, you are a Dheerga Darishi ! On your suggestion (though teasing?!), I tried Oats pongal with brinjal gotsu for breakfast. According to Vish (AC, not my own rave statement!), it is one of the best dishes for breakfast. You know, he is never generous with praise.He casually mentioned that my imagiation is stretching far & wide. I admitted, "yor dear friend lead me to trying this" ! He was surprised, honestly !!
    Shortly, I plan to post the same in Ask Chitvish, dedicating the recipe to Cheeniya !
    Thanks a ton, again, dear Sri !
    Lov,
    Chithra.