1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Not having energy to finish daily workout goals- pls help

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by abc00, Apr 25, 2015.

1. abc00

abc00 Gold IL'ite

Is it true that with age our metabolism slows down? I have lost weight earlier and maintained well for many years. Now Im in early 40s and not able to finish my daily workout goals because Im getting tired with the regular errands and not having enthusiasm to finish my exercise. Also no good gym in our area and the one in our apartment is under repair.

Why is it so easy for people to comment you have put on weight. I check my weight at doc office recently and in the healthy range yet maybe by irregular workout Im looking little plump. Is it possible always to look ever green and slim? Im not sure. Please suggest some motivational tips. Im worrying that with age, people around me will demotivate me and I might start eating more or depressed which I do not want to.

I tried to do youtube videos but I do not feel the same effect as I do in the gym. Should I be doing weights in my routine. Please suggest something. Many ladies out here are doing such an awesome job. Im sure there will be some tip for me definitely. Thanks.

2. anupartha

anupartha Gold IL'ite

Yes. With age metabolism do come down. But we cannot cut our intake to compensate it. Hence the workouts, to enhance it, and also to burn that extra calories. Early forties is a mixed emotional phase of life. Many ladies enter menopause at that age. So mood swings are not uncommon. Stop worrying about others' comments.
    Do have a health chk up and ensure yourself that all is well with you. Once you know you are healthy clinically, you will get that motivation to keep up that good health. Take things easy. If you want to cut on your intake go slow on that like a morsel less a day. Eventually you will get there. To feel lethargic is not unusual at this age. Allow it to pass. Dont push yourself too hard. And NEVER bother for what others say. who/where is it said that slim trim is the definition of beauty??..After certain age, roly poly is only charming. Take pride in how you look, being plump is not a crime. Enjoy life as long as you are healthy and the so called youth is still with you. Dont feel guilty for anything, like not doing work out or eating extra. You will surely settle down and things will fall in place. Then make use of it to the max. extent.
    Never compare yourself with others and be your own critic. Believe in yourself and face life, living every day as it happens.
    Cheers.
    anu

3. mehtaradhikam

mehtaradhikam Bronze IL'ite

Dear abc00, please be hopeful. I have some suggestions for you.

1. Try to do workout first thing in the morning.

2 for enthusiasm you don't need any help from anyone, u r enthusiastic as u r concerned about your health.

3. Don't listen to people who comment on you. I will tell you why. They will comment and forget the moment they depart from you but you as a sensitive person will think about it. Don't bother.

4. Age is just a number. First you can try to eat healthy, eat lots of fruit, go for lazy walk in a park, do household chores with singing fav songs or devotional songs.

You know may be you will feel exhausted for starting days but after that without your walks, your workouts you will feel that something important is missing.

Exercise and healthy tasty food will make you so happy. You will get your mojo back.

Best luck, I wish I will get some good progress from you.

Lots of love.

4. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

for exercise,the most important thing is you need partner.

How is your husband routine?Can he able to join with you sometime?What about kids.

I sometimes start youtube videos and do along with kids or husband,whoever is available to me.The I read your thread is lack of partnership.

If you find good partner, probably you are ready to go again.