Not an easy task work-home balance, there is always some loss...

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by dakshayaeni, May 6, 2012.

1. dakshayaeni

dakshayaeni Silver IL'ite

Yes, I know its not easy for us to manage work and home with elan. Flip sides are more frequent especially in situations when you have an imp. meeting and the maid is absent. Ir even you are running late from office and the child has an exam next day. Honestly for the last 11 years I have been trying and pushing myself very hard. But the result is more stress on me just to meet up the time schedule for everyone. At last, for quite some months now I stopped keeping a target of the day for me. My motto now is..'whatever I can do within this time and within my bandwidth I do, rest I have to let it go'..this way I know either sometimes work suffers or my home, but at the end, I do not feel guilty, cause I did not complete some tasks since I prefer them that way, its my wish. I refused to get stressed and make everyone happy, because we cannot make all happy simple.

At times I am under tension, but its not a regular feature with me. Yes, I do have fights at home and at office but now I do not seek refuge rather I hit out. When I do that, the situation becomes very hot but you know what that is temporary..cause people too understands that all of us have bandwidth constraints and have our own way and time of doing things..

Be bold ladies, at times it not good to surrender to highly catalytic forces. Just to keep peace and make all happy, pls do not lose your own peace of mind. We are humans and we have our own need, pls listen to that need as well...take care of yourselves and be good

5 people like this.

2. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Dakshayaeni,

Thanks for starting an interesting thread on this ever green topic - Work Home Balance. Yes it is a sensitive issue for all working women as they have to go through the pressures of taking care of both personal and career schedules.
    Hope your positive note help the working women to make their life easier.

3. raj77

raj77 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Dakshayeni,

Well said.It is always hard for us to peace in mind.Something will be running behind us even we are working on soem deliverables.At times we push ourself hard and loose concentration,getting into arguments at home.But now I feel like I am not a super mom that I want to do everything. We need to take care of ourselves so that we can have some inner peace at the same time we can maintain work life balance.

Thanks,
    Raji

1 person likes this.
  4. dakshayaeni

My dear friends,

Let me update you on something. Its 2.10 AM when am posting this for you. Have you ever felt how is it like to be sucked up in a hotel room for a messed up project while your daughter makes a mother's day card waiting her mom's return only to hear 'hello, I will be late for home baby'...

Yup, just to prove a point to my client I postponed my return to my home, hurting my child and hurting myself, and feeling guilty enough so as not to get some sleep after a tiresome day.

No, I do not want any sympathy, understanding or any comforting words for me. Its hard enough for people like us to spend weekends away from their children, still, inspired by your 'likes' to my post, I promise to make my sunday cheery..god knows how though?

I am hating myself sometimes but at times this sense of professional responsibility in me simply overbearing..you know what I mean, right? OMG..I feel horribly low

Yeah, there are other incidents to make feel go mad too. Reactions from from people who should be caring but chose to be hurtful and oblivious to my feelings. Oh! yes, sometimes I am forced to think, do Indian men feels insecure, threatened hence chose to be purposefully hurtful? Wonder why, all great mothers of such great Indian men do not teach them to be respectful to someones' feeling? Or is it that it is macho and hunk to be hurtful to the lady partners? Because they know we weep, shed loads of tears and basically buy peace for the sake of our children and saving our social life?

I wonder what the hell are most of the Indian women feel so scary about? To lose what? A social standing, a marriage ring? A husband who does not even think twice before speaking trash, because he takes us for granted, or for what?

We are afraid of MIL, SIL, DH and basically our maids cause if they leave Oh no hell breaks loose at home..:)

Ah! no my dear friend, it is not about me only, its about us in general who really juggles to make our home safer, happier. Yes, I don't need to lecture on what women can do but surely I feel that majority of us do not realize our potentiality and strength. This chemical inside our brain that intoxicates us with something called affection is often confused with love. Am not sure if you all will realize this. But may be because we are affectionate and accommodating we are taken for granted. We ourselves call this mixed bag of feeling as Love.

Love makes one free to explore more, it gives one a feeling of taking some risk with career, with hobbies and basically with life, cause we know no matter what happens, will have a back up for us.

Love yourself, heal thyself first ladies, know what you want from life, be with yourself. Often to make loved ones happy we miss the point

good morning!

2 people like this.
  5. dakshayaeni

Hey Thanks Laxmi for a 'like'...

6. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Dakshayaeni,

Great topic. Balancing work and home is a continuous struggle for most working moms.

My life is much easier after i accepted the fact that one person cannot give 100% in 2 important areas in life. Add to that my husband always comes to my rescue whenever there is a busy schedule. He picks up my daughter, she is fed and doing homework by the time i am back. I should say, i cannot balance without his support.

Even then, there are times when i just come home from work and she keeps talking non-stop and i lose it :( Feel so guilty when i tell her sternly to stop talking. She just wants to share what happened at her school, right?

Nowadays, i ask her to gimme 5 mins to relax after which we can talk. She has grown up now and she understands. But still....

7. dakshayaeni

Its great to know my friend that you have realized its not humanly possible to give 100% to all every time...

take care and cheers to womanhood!

8. dakshayaeni

Hi Sudha,

I am sure you could connect yourself someway or the other with my post. I know a lot of us does buddy...I was sooo very excited while writing the post here in IL...thanks for being there foe me friend

love