1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Nosy In-laws

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Shivika992, Jun 30, 2021.

1. Shivika992

Shivika992 Senior IL'ite

Right from what food I eat to what shoes I wear.. which friends I meet, what shopping I have done... Everything they want to know and comment on.. it is getting too much for me now! Everything I do is questioned as if every choice I make is wrong! If I don't eat in morning it is wrong, if I don't eat sweet I should eat.. even after putting 5 kgs after marriage it seems they are not happy enough with my eating habits! Worse is MIL & SIL are always on diet and never eat themselves :neutral: but my diet is scrutinised so much I feel like finding a corner to go eat alone rather than sitting on table with them staring into my plate and commenting..
    Then my personal belongings.. how much I spend.. I am working and use my own salary, but SIL always has to compare my things prices to hers.. she even goes online to check what price I have brought something for :tearsofjoy:
    If DH and I go out, FIL and SIL remove information from DH to know where we went, who we met.. they want to know everything! I am not used to this behaviour as I have lived independently for many years.. I don't mind telling in laws about things but it seems they are keeping check of us and removing info from DH makes me sick. It feels like they are all trying to dominate me when I am least bothered about what they do.

2. drdiva

drdiva Silver IL'ite

Inlaws are like this mostly. I feel most indians are nosy..Right from when u ard getting married to when your kids are having kids they want to know all..And this is more characteristic feature of inlaws as they want to know whether you are dominating their son or being a spendthrift..So dknt take it to your heart. Dont give proper replies when they ask you or tell u..Just Ignore

3. AditiShining

AditiShining Bronze IL'ite

Unfortunately that's the best way to deal with ILs for us.