1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

NorthEast! How is the snow storm?

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by sunitha, Feb 6, 2010.

1. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

Hey ladies,

We thought we are lucky that we escaped the last snow storm on weekend for CT, boston, NY but it seems we have one coming up this wednesday :drowning.

Sujatha.

2. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

Another snowstorm effect today.How is everyone doing?It's going to take lot of time to melt .

Sunitha Did you move to powell from westerville?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
  3. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Manju,I moved in November to Powell.

We have already received a part of our dose of snow for today-6 inches.It seems another 2-4 inches is expected.
    I've shovelled the snow too-took me almost 2 hrs today since I had to do it single-handedly.Good thing my little fellow slept throughout and my elder son kept a watch on him (since no school today,he is at home).

4. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Sunitha,
    Heard that another storm is coming in later today.
    My DS was in DC for a meeting early last week and was supposed to fly out of there early sunday morning. But after two days of flight delays and cancellations, got back yesterday night in one piece through another airline.Yesterday, he went to Baltimore airport in the morning itself by a cab, and waited there until he could catch an earlier plane. We had a few tense moments whether he would be able to catch a flight before the next storm started kicking in. It is all sunny and beautiful here!

5. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

I am really really tired of this winter. I have a new job with a long icey commute over mountain roads and I am not up for another hair raising commute tomorrow. I got fuel oil a couple days ago and usage is up 30% is been so cold here. Global warming has not warmed upstate NY at all. I bought a magazine on starting seeds the other day in a fit of positive thinking....will start a thread on that so we can look to the spring.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  6. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Dear folks....

Wherever you are... stay safe and warm. Take care of yourselves.
    Here...again snow ... started at 4pm !!

7. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Have a safe drive Tina. Wish I could send some warm weather your way!

8. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Usha,that storm is the one I am talking about,it's over in Ohio although we have winter storm warning till 6 pm today(Wednesday).It's bitter cold outside (11 Degrees F) and very windy making it feel like -4. Schools are closed today too.

Tina,pls take care.Driving on a normal road itself under these conditions is scary,I can't even think how you manage mountain roads.:bowdown

Gowri,you take care too.You are getting your second bout today ,isn't it? ENnnnJoooooy!

Folks in Philly,Washington D.C. , NY, NJ and Boston,pls be extra careful.

9. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

hi guys

its 6 inches snow already in the morning here in North Jersey, and still snowing. Schools are closed. it is predicted snow storm in afternoon.

I just ventured out near the corner store to buy "SALT" :) which i forgot to buy ystdy. Luckily it was opened and i could grab it like a precious thing:)

Our cars are already half submerged in snow, by the end of today or tomorrow we will know, how long it will take us to retrieve it back:bowdown

10. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

What a crazy winter!!! We have snow since yesterday morning to top the 28-inches or so from the weekend. Yesterday evening it did not look bad and I was hoping the predictions may be wrong.

Today morning, another 7 or 8 inches piled on, and winds gusting. We are all staying home. I am going crazy keeping kids entertained. How long can you color, or read, or play blocks or watch TV?