1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

North-east Nostalgia...Part-IV......Rural Assam

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by knbg, Feb 2, 2013.

1. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sats,

Thanks a lot for joining me here too.......:)
    I feel blessed and lucky having got the chance to live in places like this.......

Night sky......covering us like a dark dome....( just like what we see in planetariums...)...with millions of stars......and hundreds of fireflies trying mock them.........bliss........:spin

Shall come soon with the next posting....which would be the last part for now........:)

2. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Hi bhargs,

your post on rural Assam made very interesting reading ...interesting, because you made it so ...both your stay and the post :) I am so happy that you made the most of that laidback place by bonding with nature and people around you. You are really lucky to have experienced that. in fact Now that I have had my fill of the urban life I would LOVE to settle down in such a quiet place surrounded by affectionate and simple people and maybe I could do some general teaching...share my limited knowledge with them? wishful thinking, I guess :)

1 person likes this.
  3. knbg

Dear Mindz,
    Glad to see you here buddy.....Thanks for dropping in......:)

The dreamer in me made the stay there pleasant....in spite of some hiccups( DS got allergic and had to be rushed to Chennai for treatment.....I broke my right shoulder and had to spend one night with just a sling and painkillers till we could get to the nearest town for treatment......'The hindu' would come, one day late......etc., etc.,....)...

It's good to take a break once in a while at some retreat like this.....recharges us.......:)

1 person likes this.
  4. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Bhargavi
    thanks a million for the tour of rural assam.... because of you few of us manage to know and experience the day to day life of the local people this we perhaps would never have a chance to see..
    the narration as usual was crisp and perfect!!!
    K

1 person likes this.
  5. knbg

Dear Kelly,
    ..Bow...it's me, who should thank you for dropping in and joining me......
    Just wanted to share and re-live those sweet moments with my lovely friends here....
    Glad that you enjoyed reading it Kelly.....it means so much to me......:):thankyou2:

1 person likes this.
  6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Bhargavi,

Your attitude of welcoming an opportunity to be in a new place once in three years is what makes you feel so comfortable and at home wherever you went. Your ability to adjust to the new environment and enjoying everything you see is an attitude that everyone of us need to aspire for. Every place has its own beauty and it is amazing how you describe them in words. You capture every aspect of each place and reading your experiences is really a divine experience.

There is a lot to learn from you. In general, people will be nervous to go to new places and even if they do with no choices, they would keep complaining that there is nothing much to do, feel home sick and probably board the train or plane to go back home every opportunity to do so. You are not only good in adapting to the needs of the new place but also make your family very happy.

Credit goes to the Creator for creating such beautiful places. But credit for taking us to those places with your beautiful description is yours.

Keep writing more and more and I enjoy reading them all.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  7. knbg

Dear Viswa sir,
    Thanks a lot for the lovely words of appreciation.....
    It was so encouraging to read your feedback.......
    I always had an eye for seeing and enjoying the beauty of nature, and given a chance, I would absorb the pleasures of nature through all senses......
    Glad that you enjoyed the post........