Nooodles ???

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by charvihema, Feb 27, 2008.

1. abhinav

abhinav New IL'ite

Re: Nooodels ???

Harhar

THANKS FOR THE OMFORMATION ABOUT COOKING NOODLES.IT WAS REALLY SOMETHING I NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT

THANKS
    NALINI:bowdown

2. Sumathy

Sumathy Senior IL'ite

Hi all,

I wouldn't give too much weightage to this story - except for one thing. If it prevents children from eating it too often, may be this 'white lie' is ok! Otherwise, it does not make sense - either of wax being present nor of body not able to take wax. I am reminded of a book by Bill Bryson where he says that some 5 decades back, most candies were mostly wax. Which i think is true of what we got here also - do you remember the 'then mittai'?

So, folks, as somebody rightly pointed out here, instant noodles is as bad as any other instant food - with its own pandora box of preservatives, fat, etc. It is highly possible for children to get stomach ache - not because of the wax I would say - but because it is a processed dehydrated food with lots of preservatives. But these kind of stories are just for good read!!

Cheers,

Sumathy

3. gujjugal

gujjugal New IL'ite

Thanks for the good info.

4. skavi

skavi Senior IL'ite

Hi

If u think noodles can cause cancer, then People in china have died many many years ago...
    their population would not be so much...

read all the msgs nicely girls, in this thread there is one article too, saying its false, iam again posting that link here...

snopes.com: Instant Noodles Warning

DON'T believe what ever comes ur way...think first.

Skavi

5. Saahithya

Saahithya Silver IL'ite

Re: Nooodels ???

thank you girl for this info...I am also a big fan of the maggie noodles..looks like i have to take a break from them now...

pushpa

instand soups (canned) or soup powders have more sodium content (which would lead to heart diseases and high BP)....

6. rekhas

rekhas Senior IL'ite

Yeah...Yeah...Yeah... like others I have cooked instant noodles when pressed for time. We all know processed food generally are loaded with preservatives, this one is a good remainder to read labels and fast does not translate to healthy.

7. poonamjoshi9266

poonamjoshi9266 New IL'ite

8. dream.girl

dream.girl Silver IL'ite

Hi Ilites,

This is really surprising to knowfor me that noodles contain a wax that is harmful and also monosodium glutamate salt..not good for health..

But when I googled about normal chinese noodles, the information is that it is good to have on diet..

What do u say??

Hugs,
    dg..

9. tanya1984

tanya1984 New IL'ite

Hi,

thanks for ur info.