1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Noodles and Bangles

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by annujp82, Apr 20, 2015.

1. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

Actually I wanted to comment 'Tastefully Written' :)

1 person likes this.
  2. annujp82

annujp82 Gold IL'ite

:) hee hee yeah i am happy you caught the "I-got-hitched" hint in the post! I havent written anything interesting in quite a bit. I am hoping I get motivated enough here to change that! :)

3. rajinitk4

rajinitk4 IL Hall of Fame

Lovely Writeup. Thoroughly enjoyed.

1 person likes this.
  4. annujp82

annujp82 Gold IL'ite

Thank you raji :) glad you enjoyed it!!

5. Scorpio707

Scorpio707 Platinum IL'ite

Annu,

What a wonderful write up...you know what, I am so tempted to have Maggi noodles now, and today of all the days when I am on a fast :tongue shakehead . Enjoyed reading your post...

1 person likes this.
  6. annujp82

annujp82 Gold IL'ite

Scorpio :) thank you for your lovely words! I am sorry u r fasting today!! This is what everyone is telling me about this write up, it made them want to eat maggi!!! :) no one feeling like going and buying a few glass bangles instead :-D :rotfl

1 person likes this.
  7. Scorpio707

Scorpio707 Platinum IL'ite

I decided to have noodles for BF tomorrow, so no worries :-D ...I was too tempted to respond to your post, so missed what others had to say. Bangles hmmmm not me definitely sorry....

1 person likes this.
  8. curiousgals78

curiousgals78 Gold IL'ite

it almost feels like its happening right before in my eyes. i can picture it before my eyes.

1 person likes this.
  9. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Annuj,

Looks like you came back with a bang! No, I don't mean the bang of a fall, but the nomination to FP by @Parineetha! Though I do not see her response here, she sang a lovely ditty in praise of this snippet in FP, do check it out!

That was a very lovely narration, taking everyone to the good old days. Your ammie must have been a formidable lady, but then, you had your thatha to compensate her lack of taste for noodles and that too, Maggie!

I was amazed that you knew exactly when you put the first noodle into your mouth. You must have a good memory if you can remember what happened at the tender age of five!

As for the glass bangles, you made us all fall in love with them once again. I shall certainly shop for them as soon as I can!

I am sure you enjoyed the tinkle of it all at your wedding! All the best. :)

L, Kamla

2 people like this.
  10. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Annu,

What a great write up after a long break! Congratulations on landing on the best of snippets! Tell me which child will not like the smell of Maggi noodles? You brought the great memories of the childhood along with Maggi noodles. So, your longing for glass bangles lasted until you got married? I know how much we longed for glass bangle sound in our home but without any success. My wife never used to wear glass bangles nor we had a girl child at home. I have no sisters either. I am hoping someday my son will get married and we will buy a lot of glass bangles for our granddaughters (notice the word in plural). Right now, we are happy giving glass bangles for Aadi Pooram in the temple where a lot of girl children as well as women show up only to pick up the glass bangles.

Viswa

2 people like this.