1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

None\selected\delayed Vaccination - Pl Share Experiences

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by matrix15, Aug 7, 2016.

1. matrix15

matrix15 New IL'ite

Hi Meetu,

You are correct. In the light of theories\rumours we should at the most delay it
    Well he has always been formula fed. Thats another sad story where doctor staff didn't give us good instructions.

So with that connection I am not sure how far I should delay MMR. But if we are going India in Oct, you are suggesting to have it 3 weeks before that time which would be around his 15 month

Also I think vaccines alone aren't causing those issues. Did any parents try to see what other risk factors\pre-dispositions existed like thyroid or amalgam filling etc due to which their child got it ( vaccine would have only activated\triggered it). It can be gene mutation or environmental stressors. Don't they think to investigate it, so their future children are safe.

So if I am delaying MMR, can we give chickenpox and Hep A one time and rest other time and MMR third time. I hope there is no conflict how we split, because doc isn't going to suggest any combination for split

Thanks

2. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I avoided responding on this thread but this statement made me. So let's see, all parents whose kids develop autism are fools who don't check for genetic predispositions before giving them MMR shots? Are you sure of your source and its authenticity? Show me one peer reviewed authentic study that proves the MMR vaccine causes autism in these individuals with these predispositions. Then we'll talk.

All these links have been studied extensively and proven false. FYI, my son has autism. He doesn't have the MTFHR mutation, he doesn't have the thyroid issues, no Hashimotos, no known genetic mutation. We have spent thousands of dollars trying to figure out why. There is no proven scientific basis for anything you have stated above.
    It's a fact that some kids regress, mine did too but I know for a fact that it had nothing to do with his MMR vaccine which he got a year before he actually regressed. In fact, my son has been studied extensively by two developmental pediatricians to figure out how at his functional level he could regress so dramatically.

So no, we are not stupid enough to not do our research. In fact, one of us has a background in research, which does not constitute the Internet and Google.

Please do not unfairly judge those parents because your google research said so.

3. Meet9

Meet9 Silver IL'ite

4. Meet9

Meet9 Silver IL'ite

Show me one peer reviewed authentic study that proves the MMR vaccine causes autism in these individuals with these predispositions. Then we'll talk.

Hi Laks! I agree that there is no scientifically proven study to show correlation between autism and MMR shot. Some parents of affected kids have observed gastric flora/gastric issues with the ASD behavior. No one knows the whys! and since its a spectrum, so no one event or genetic event can be pointed at..I am sure you must have done your full research on it... having said this, the person who "warned" us about MMR shot were themselves highly educated (PhD in Life Sciences) couple, they have a start up here in US and India..they quietly mentioned to try avoiding it at least until 3 yrs of age when BBB has been formed...I just did as a precaution not because I dont believe in vaccine....and there are thousands of people like me, people are starting to go to any length to delay this shot...I think this is primarily there is ton of google stuff out there....when parents swear by this that their kid changed overnight with this shot..and when research is still underway..people try to take preventive approach....
    I am sure your child brings enormous joy to your life, as everyone's does, and then there are God's way of giving us life which is best for us..:) btw nice to know you...I am quite new here on this forum...

5. matrix15

matrix15 New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

Laks, your point are more credible & thanks for sharing them. So far what I mentioned is only based on what I have been reading, so had those curious questions. But you and Meet have more authentic information. Yours is of course first hand experience. At this point to sum it up for myself - I don't think there is any proven association between vaccines and these illnesses, including role of other external factors. But taking into consideration there isn't a big risk in delaying this vaccine, I think one can delay it a bit. Again you can share your inputs. I hope your son improves significantly as I do believe there is a power way beyond science.

Meet, so to answer your previous question, he has always been formula fed. With this in mind I am not sure how far I should delay MMR. Also if we are going India in Oct & its better to have it 3 weeks before, then we have to give it at 15 months ( which I wanted to delay a bit). Also have you heard of any conflict in terms of how you split. We are planning to give all except MMR\chickenpox in one go OR all except MMR\chickenpox\Hep A.

Thanks

6. matrix15

matrix15 New IL'ite

Hi Meetu,

Somehow I missed your response to my other questions, so asked you again. Please discard\ignore it
    Yes, you are correct. Now I should stop reading more and just calmly weigh the options and decide

I had no intention in any way to attack any parents. I don't post a lot on forums so may be didn't know what can offend or is inappropriate. I just did out of my curosity which was flawed. My sincere apology to parents, if they felt offended & I will be careful in future.

Only my last question would be - I know in general breastfeeding gives more immunity, but have you read anywhere that formula fed babies can have less immunity for diseases like measles etc or can be at risk to show more severe symptoms. And do you believe in giving supplements while vaccinating

Thanks

7. Meet9

Meet9 Silver IL'ite

Hi There!

Immunity from breastfeeding is only due to passage of antibodies from mother to baby, because mother has an ocean of antibodies, that is how baby remains protected due to drinking antibodies-rich milk, as compared to formula-fed baby. Formula milk does not have antibodies. .it may mean that formula-fed baby is going to develop his own antibodies by falling sick and recovering..but they give good nutrition in formula to boost immunity.. my neighbor's son never had breast milk, he had some latching issues and now he is perfectly healthy toddler, I haven't heard him getting sick so far...he is 2 yrs old....the efficacy of breast milk is more in the first 6 months of baby's life. thereafter, the antibodies keep flushing out of the body from baby, and he needs to develop his own antibodies by falling sick and recovering... I am not sure if there is any difference in getting more severe symptoms of a disease in formula fed baby vs break milk fed baby (after baby has stopped breastmilk)...I can guess it will depend on how well a baby takes nutrition from solid foods..I think online I read somewhere you should give Vit A and C supplements to toddlers or multivitamins like flintstones/gummy bears....I have yet to start that on my toddler..I dont believe in supplements per se but if my kid is not taking nutrition from good veggies like carrots spinach and other healthy food, I would be inclined to start him on supplements... my toddler is very picky eater..I try to give him as natural food as possible but I may put him on supplements....Hope it helps! and yah plz again no sorries, its just that I wanted to say i gave you a direction, a push and suggested some pros and cons,, but final decision has to be yours....i see you are going in the right direction and have already made some plans....good luck!! :)

Regards
    Meetu