Non-Vegetarian dishes by more members

Discussion in 'NonVegetarian Kitchen' started by rehanak, Aug 20, 2005.

1. rsankar

rsankar New IL'ite

thank you

Hello Anuja,

Thank you for the tips.

rsankar.

2. safa

safa Bronze IL'ite

fish biriyani

hello everybody, try this fish biriyani recipe that i had put in some other sites and is appreciated by many people. pls let me know if u tried....

[size=+1]Fish Biriyani[/size]

Ingredients

King Fish -1/2 kg,
    Onion - medium size 6 -chopped finely,
    Tomato - medium size 4- chopped finely,
    Garlic paste - 2-table spoon,
    Ginger paste - 2 table spoon,
    Green chilly paste- 1 tablespoon,
    Garam masala - 1 table spoon,
    Yogurt - 4 table spoon,
    Coriander leaves- 1 cup,
    Mint leaves -3/4 cup,
    Ghee - 1/2 cup,
    Limejuice - 4-tea spoon,
    Basmati rice- 2 1/2 cup.

Method:
    1. Marinate fish fillets using turmeric powder-1 teaspoon, red chilly powder-2 teaspoon, Garlic-ginger paste-2 teaspoon, fennel seed powder- 1/2 teaspoon. Keep one hour in refrigerator.
    2. Fry fish fillets in ghee. After removing fish, fry onion in the same ghee. When it turns golden brown put garlic - ginger - green chilly paste. Fry these 2 minutes and then add tomato, garam masala, salt, coriander leaves and mint leaves. Cook for a few minutes and add yoghurt. Put fried fish fillets in this masala.
    3. Boil water. Add enough salt, a pinch of turmeric powder, 2 cardomom, 3 small pieces of clove, 2 cinnamons, and 1 spoon ghee in this. Cook rice until it is done and drain. Take care the rice not to be sticky.
    4. Heat the pan. Pour a little of ghee. Put a little of cooked rice and spread 1 teaspoon limejuice over it. Put one layer of the fish masala above that and repeat the process till the rice and masala are over. Take care the fish fillets should not be broken. Close the lid tightly and heat on a low flame for about 10 minutes. Mix before serve. Serve with yogurt and chutney or pickle.

you can make this with prawns or other fish fillets.
    safa

Last edited: Mar 6, 2006
  3. BharathyAnbu

BharathyAnbu New IL'ite

Garlic Chicken

Hi

Can somebody suggest me the recipe of Garlic Chicken?

4. Chilbuli Imli

Chilbuli Imli Senior IL'ite

Garlic Chicken

Garlic Chicken

Ingredients:
    chicken boneless
    2 cloves Garlic crushed Adjust this according to your taste15 gms butter
    2 tbsp yoghurt
    1 onion chopped
    i tbsp olive oil
    Salt and Pepper
    Fresh parsley chopped

Method:
    Trim the chicken and cut into bite-sized pieces. Melt the butter in a pan, add the olive oil. Add the chopped onions and cook gently until soft and golden. Add the garlic and cook for another minute or so. Add the chicken pieces to the onion and garlic mixture and brown on all sides.
    Add the chicken stock, season with salt and pepper to taste and add the chopped parsley. Bring to the boil then turn the heat down to minimum and leave gently cooking - uncovered - for about 20 minutes.

Remove the chicken pieces and keep warm. Turn up the heat and reduce the liquid by about half. Remove from the heat and stir in the yoghurt.

Serve the garlic chicken with mashed potato, your favourite veg and the garlicky sauce.

5. Karthiga

Karthiga Bronze IL'ite

Tandoori chicken

hello members,
    I have given here a simple tandoori chicken recipe. try this and pls tell me your comments.

Easy tandoori chicken

Ingredients:

Chicken leg pieces - 4
    Ginger-garlic paste - 3 tsps
    chilli powder - 2 tsps
    Garam masala - 1 tsp
    Egg - 1
    Corn flour - 1 tsp
    Food red colour - 1 tsp
    salt to taste.

Method:

Clean the chicken well and make small slits. Add all the ingredients and marinate it for 2 hrs.
    Take the contents in a vessel and keep it in a pressure cooker with water. Close it with a lid and cook
    for 15 mts (4 whistles).

Take the leg pieces in a fork or a holder and grill it in your gas stove with low flame. Microwave grilling is also possible.

6. Karthiga

Karthiga Bronze IL'ite

Mutton pepper masala

Mutton pepper masala:

Ingredients

Mutton - 1/2 kg
    small onions (chopped) - 1/2 cup
    Red chillies - 2
    Pepper powder - 3 tsps
    Jeera powder - 2 tsps
    Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
    oil - 2 tsps
    salt to taste

Method:

Take 2 tsps of oil in a pressure cooker, add onion and chilli. Saute it till golden brown, add mutton pieces
    turmeric powder, salt and little water. Stir it well for 2 minutes.
    Then add fresh ground pepper and jeera powder and pressure cooker the contents for 15 minutes.
    Stir well and serve hot. This dish goes nice with plain rice and rasam satham.
    You can try this with chicken also.

7. Karthiga

Karthiga Bronze IL'ite

Mutton kola

Mutton kola (keema balls):

Ingredients:

Mutton keema - 1/4 kg
    Fried gram - 1/16 kg
    coconut - 1/2 cup
    red chilli - 8
    cinnamon - 1 piece
    Fennel - 1 tsp
    phudina leaves - 1/4 cup
    coriander leaves - 1/4 cup
    small onion (chopped ) - 1/4 cup
    garlic flakes - 5
    salt to taste

method:

Grind all the contents and make small balls. Deep fry in oil till golden brown. Serve hot with tomato sauce.

8. Karthiga

Karthiga Bronze IL'ite

Tangy tomato chicken

Tangy tomato chicken:

Ingredients:

Boneless chicken - 1/2 kg
    ripe tomatoes(finely chopped) - 1/4 kg
    green chilli - 7
    turmeric powder - 1 tsp
    red chilli powder - 1 tsp
    garam masala - 1 tsp
    salt to taste

To temper:

Mustard - 1 tsp
    urad dal - 1 tsp
    fennel - 1 tsp
    cinnamon - 1 piece
    cloves- 2
    coriander leaves
    curry leaves
    Method:
    Mix all the ingredients with chicken and marinate it for 1/2 hr and pressure cook it for 15 mts.
    take oil in a kadai and temper it with given ingredients. Then add the cooked chicken to it , stir well
    and serve hot.
    Try this with boneless mutton also.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2006
  9. malar

malar Bronze IL'ite

Tried tangy tomato chicken

Hello Karthiga,

I tried your tangy tomato chicken. It came out good, except for the excess water when I pressure cooked it. I actually drained the excess water, before I tempered and stir fried the chicken.

I was trying to be extra cautious that the chicken should not get burnt (adi pudikama irukuradhuku) in the cooker, so I poured a little more water.

Please let me know the water proportion for cooking 1/2 kg chicken mentioned in your recipe.

I actually made it as a side dish for Chitvish's Brinji Rice - both became a superhit at home. My cousins came home for lunch and they enjoyed it entirely.

Thanks to you and Chitvish.

Malar.

10. devs_21

devs_21 New IL'ite

Cider Roasted Chicken

Cider Roasted Chicken
    4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened (divided)
    1 tablespoon oil
    2 leeks, cleaned, whites coarse chopped
    2 medium carrots, sliced 1/2" thick
    1 granny smith apple, unpeeled, cut 1/2" -- dice and steam
    1 whole granny smith apple, unpeeled
    4 1/2 pounds roasting chicken
    1/2 tablespoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
    1/2 teaspoon dried sage leaves, crumbled
    2 cups chicken broth
    1 1/4 cups cider

Preheat oven to 375ºF.

Heat 1 tbl. butter and oil in large heavy flameproof roasting pan over medium high heat. When hot, add leeks and carrots and saute, stirring constantly, until just softened, about 5 minutes. Add diced apple and cook, stirring, for 1 minute more, then remove from heat.

Remove giblets and neck from cavity of chicken; discard. Rinse chicken well and pat dry. Combine 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. pepper and dried sage; rub mixture in cavity.

Place whole apple inside cavity. Rub chicken with 1 tbl. softened butter. Set chicken on top of vegetable mixture in roasting pan. Combine broth and cider in bowl and pour 1/3 cup over chicken. Roast chicken for 1 3/4 to 2 hours, basting every 30 minutes with 1/3 cup cider mixture and brush with 1/2 tbl. of softened butter.

Chicken is done when juices run clear when flesh is pierced with a knife and when thermometer inserted in thigh registers 175ºF to 180?F. When done, remove chicken to warm serving platter and cover loosely with foil.

Place roasting pan with veggies and juices over medium heat. Add remaining cider mixture. Whisk well to scrape any brown particles in pan into liquid. Remove pan from heat and strain out vegetables.

Return liquid to pan, then puree veggies in food processor or blender, and return to pan. Continue to cook sauce, stirring constantly, until it reduces slightly, 3-4 minutes. Swirl in any remaining softened butter. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed.

To serve, cut chicken into serving pieces and arrange on serving plate. Top with sauce.

devs