1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Non performers have a more fertile imagination!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viswa
    I really like the resourcefulness of your local CEO in the cases 1 and 2 cited by you. They were tongue in cheek answers that were meant to convey to the numero uno the unreasonableness of his expectations. What surprises me even more is that he was ready to buy those answers. Possibly his bark is worse than his bite.

His duel with a Statutory Authority is similar to incidents that I have suffered too in the company of my bosses. My SBI boss used to think that he was the Monarch of all that he surveyed!
    Sri

2. PriyaKat

PriyaKat Silver IL'ite

If you want to be quoted, you have to think up some real good lines, no doubt. But in most cases, the irate boss just wants to get the work done, so its usually some terse unmentionable or the other !

As for fertile imagination, yes, it does have its uses. Just look through the gems students give for not doing homework or coming in late ! Its good entertainment, in after thought. The most endearing one I've received is this one from a 3rd. std. boy : " If I dint do homework, you will detain me and make me do it at lunch time, Miss. Today , anyhow I cant play at lunchtime because I have a cold. so I have plenty of time to do homework. Thats why I dint do at home."

My father once worked for a U.P. man, whose short temper was legendary. And he was the sort who had no patience for the finer nuances in life, my dad used to say. Once, a presentation was called for and dad and his colleague prepared a report they were proud of. But just one page into it, the Boss shouted at them : " I want only facts and figures ! Kahaani sunna hai toh, main Kushwant Singh ko le lete !"

1 person likes this.
  3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Priya
    I wish I were that boy. It is not often that one is able to give a convincing reason for not doing something. But to give an excuse and make it endearing too is one of the rarest of rare cases! Honestly I have never had such rapport with any of my teachers in my school. If my teacher caught me for not doing my home work, I would look dumber than I normally was and put my hand out for the customary hit on my knuckles with the edge of a scale. That's the reason why I have knuckles as big as camel's hump! The same over sized knuckles drew gasping appreciation from my college mates of the fair sex in Presidency College. What manly hands you have, they would say and I would silently thank my school teachers for having paved the way for such tiny romantic interactions!
    Sri