Nochur Venkatraman's bhagavatha sapthaham

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by radhikrish, Jan 28, 2010.

1. radhikrish

radhikrish Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

Brahmasri Nochur Venkatraman's Bhagavatha Sathaham is being organised at Mahalingapuram Ayyappa -guruvayoorappan temple , chennai from tomorrow onwards. Today there is a mahatmyam pravachanam at 7 pm and the sapthaham starts from tomorrow 6.30 am to 6.30 pm and is there till 4th Feb.

I don't know how many of you all know or heard his discourses. But I can vouch that he is one of the best . I have heard many upanyasakars like Krishna Premi, Sundar kumar, Velukkudi Krishnan etc and many whose discourses are shown early morning at different TV channels ( not to rank anybody or make anyone inferior) , but I am impressed most by Nochur's discourses. He is quite young and I and am amazed at the wisdom he has gained at such a young age. In fact I am yet to hear him in person, though I have heard many of his discourses.

He follows the lineage of Adi Sankaracharya, Ramana Maharshi etc.

If any of you have any experience listening to him, Pl share .:)

Radhi

2. revathy45

revathy45 Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    I am also very fond of Bramahasri Nochur venkatraman's discourses.Recently (dec16-23rd)I was in Alangudi for a baghavatha sapthaham by Sri Nochur Venkatramanji and it was indeed a blissful experience to listen to a live pravachanam.
    Regards,
    Revathy.

3. radhikrish

radhikrish Silver IL'ite

Hi revathy,

Nice to hear that you also like nochurji's discourses. I attended the chennai saptham on all days except the first day . Since I am working, I didnt get leave on the first day (being month end ).
    This was my first experience of attending a sapthaham and also listening to nochurji live. Till now I have only heard him in CDs. what to say, it was pure bliss of 6 days for me.
    His next sapthaham is at Brindavan during March. Today onwards he is doing pravachanam at palghat on Gita.

Radhi

4. citralekha

citralekha New IL'ite

His discourse and timings are available here
    Nochur Aacharya

Great atma he is..

5. radhikrish

radhikrish Silver IL'ite

Hi chitralekha,

Saw your reply today only. I know of this site and I do keep track of his visit in chennai.Have you heard his discourses in person? If so which one? What all collections (CD ) you have on his discourses?

6. radhikrish

radhikrish Silver IL'ite

Dear all,

Nochurji is back in Chennai . This time he is doing pravachanam on Bhagavath darshanam & Ullathu narpathu (evening 6.30 pm and morning 7 am respectively) from July 10th to July 17th at Narada gana sabha , Alwarpet. I had been there for yesterday's talk in the evening. Eventhough I went 15minutes before the scheduled time, the hall was full and luckily we could get seats in the balcony, which also became full even before he started pravachanam. Many people (even elders) were seen sitting on the floor . As usual , what to say about his pravachanam. It was pure bliss. Dont know whether I can go for remaining days, what with office, home etc. But will sincerely try to make it and give feedback to all. Did anyone of you attend yesterday?

7. revathy45

revathy45 Bronze IL'ite

Hi all Nochur fans and Bhaktas,
    As mentioned earlier I love his upanyasams and listen regularly his CD's.
    This post is just to inform that Brahmasri Nochur Venkatraman will be in Haridwar from 22nd Oct to 1st nov 2010,and the upanyasam is on ekadasham for 7 days.Am looking forward to being there.Last year's sapthaham was pure bliss on the banks of the ganges for 7 days.We all had an actual Ganga snanam on diwali morning.Am attaching the invite for the sapthaham for the benefit of those interested.
    Regards,
    Revathy.

Attached Files:

8. radhikrish

radhikrish Silver IL'ite

Dear all,

Nochurji is back in chennai and is having his discourse on Hasthamalakam at Meenakshi college, kodambakkam in the evening from 7 pm to 8.30 pm from yesterday till 13th and in the mornings from today at Rathnagiri temple , Besant nagar from 7 am to 8.30 am - topic is ekasloki

Bhakthas and sadhakas can get benfitted.

9. LekshmiGiri

LekshmiGiri New IL'ite

Dear All,

Can any one give me details of Nochurji Bhagavatha Sapthaham happening in Kerala.

10. harih

harih Silver IL'ite

Nochur's is indeed an excellent exposition of Srimad Bhagavatam. Nochurji always goes into the bhaava of a slokam, and seeks to bring up the listener to a mental state from which they can appreciate and enjoy the slokam better. By the way, he is also writing a series of articles on the life of Adi Sankaracharya, in the magazine Srutivani, published from Thrissur, Kerala.