"No redirects" Please!!!

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback!' started by Marun, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Marun

Marun Platinum IL'ite

Hi all,

One more suggestion from my side. Just a while back i saw that threads were moved with re-directs. It spoils the look of the section. This is how it will look like:

[​IMG]

It would be better if mods move the thread with "no re-directs" so that these sort of awkward listing would be avoided.

Pals please bear with me if my suggestions are wrong.

Cheers,
    Marun

2. raagini

raagini Silver IL'ite

[ just my 2 cents ] complete elimination of redirects may not be feasible as the thread starters
    would be wandering for their started threads . And notifying them is a time consuming task :-(
    perhaps we should have temporary redirect links which expire in a day / two days / a week ...
    [​IMG]

3. Marun

Marun Platinum IL'ite

Yeah there are options for temporary redirects.

But the thing is it has always been a problem with VBulletin with respect to redirects.

Even though you select temporary re-direct, it remains where it is even after the expiration date. I don't know how it works here ragini..

Thanks for the clarification mate. :thumbsup

4. Sowparnika

Sowparnika Silver IL'ite

hello marun,
    as raagini has said, if for some reason a thread is moved or merged, we leave a temporary redirect (of generally a week) so that the member who posted it does'nt have to search their thread...

you might have seen redirected threads for which the period might might not have been over, and hence it may be visible...for example the threads in the screen shot you have used have been moved just 1 or 2 days back, and hence they can be seen... i don't think the older threads are visible, but still, we'll check it out...

thanks for your suggestion and keep letting us know what you think :)

5. Marun

Marun Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for the response sow,

I get the point. Anyway do have check whether these temp re-directs are visible after the expiration time or not. :thumbsup

Cheers,
    Marun

6. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hello Marun and Raagini,

We haven't come across any situations where the redirect was there even after the expiry date. If any of you suspects a specific redirect is there for long time, kindly provide a link in this thread so that we could troubleshoot. Thanks.

Have a nice day.