1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

No one killed jessica

Discussion in 'Movies' started by NitiSaini, Dec 23, 2010.

1. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Amitabh Bachchan at the NOKJ Premiere

[​IMG]

2. puni88

Myra Karn[who plays Jessica] at NOKJ premiere

[​IMG]

3. BandanaSen

BandanaSen Bronze IL'ite

As a Delhiite, I was quite familiar with the JESSICA LAL HATHYAKAND as hindi news journalists used to declare on primetime TV. Adapting a real life murder for the silver screen is quite challenging and I must say I am happy with the end product. Director Raj Kr. Gupta does manage to bring alive the struggle for justice in the film No One Killed Jessica'.
    Vidya Balan plays Jessica’s sister Sabrina Lal and I liked her deglamourised look. Those black rimmed specs are going to stay on in public mind for some time. Rani Mukherjee is of course convincing as a go-getter journalist. I am quite sure that one of these two ladies will land an award for the film.
    I only wish that in today’s India no other family goes through all this at the hands of powers-that-be.:spin The media is not there for everybody. Mind it.:thumbsup

4. sushmasrivastav

sushmasrivastav Bronze IL'ite

I largely agree with Bandana’s review of the film. I too liked Raj Kumar Gupta’s NO ONE KILLED JESSICA. The film stars new comer Karn as Jessica, Vidya Balan as Jessica’s sister Sabrina and Rani Mukherjee as hot shot reporter Meera Gaiti.
    There are two things I wish to mention. One, Bollywood has a habit of inserting a romantic angle to spice up things. Happily, the director has not done that. I also believe that NDTV editor Barkha Dutt is one of the inspirations for Meera Gaiti. No other lady journalists has made such a mark on the public mind as Barkha.

5. piyagupta

piyagupta Senior IL'ite

No One Killed Jessica is the first release of 2011 and is an awesome movie!! What I loved most was the fact that the film is extremely human – infact, it is ruthlessly raw and real!!

Of late, a number of films have attempted a story about corruption and power, but none have ever approached the subject in such an intimate manner- the perspective shows exactly how abuse of such power can affect a family and an individual.

I found the script and the screenplay absolutely amazing! The characterizations are so perfect and meticulous that they remain etched in the viewers’ memory.

6. shaliniku

shaliniku Senior IL'ite

I fell in love with Vidya Balan’s acting talents yet again:bowdown!! Sabrina Lall’s quiet but determined battle for justice is excellently portrayed by her:clap. The character reminds us the manner in which we, the “aam aadmi” in India, have developed the habit of tolerating injustices with quiet passivity.

Due to Vidya’s awesome acting. Sabrina’s frustration becomes our frustration and when she is let down by the incompetent judiciary, we are gravely disappointed. The film and specialy Vidya’s character shows how the actual murderer is not the only wrongdoer and how the whole “system” is at fault!!

Vidya’s share of dialogues was moderate, but she spoke volumes with her eyes and expressions!!!
    :bowdown:clapBow

7. sheebros

sheebros Bronze IL'ite

No one killed jessica pics

think it will be a nice movie...
    rani vidhya luks gud...

Attached Files:

8. mallika22

mallika22 New IL'ite

9. JoyshreeGupta

JoyshreeGupta Senior IL'ite

I liked the film No One Killed Jessica. I think women especially should watch the movie. Like everybody else, I too was shocked at the easy murder and how easy was it for the murderer to get away. I can easily recall that there were senior Delhi Police Officers at the party and yet the prosecution ran short of witnesses!
    This was a battle that was fought by a woman (Sabrina Lall) for a woman Jessica Lal. To those men who still feel that women are the weaker sex and they can get away with anything, I would like to tell that women can move mountains and this movie shows that Sabrina has indeed moved a mountain and ensured justice for her sister Jessica.
    Both Rani and Vidya have super performances in the movie and are sure to win an award.

10. puni88

When case was going on.. I used to read the news without missing it.
    Also, this case's judgement was revolutionary.
    Seeing the judgement of this case, few other case got justice.

May Jessica's soul rest in peace!!!