1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

No. of kids and naming them.....whose decision was it???

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Tara09, Mar 12, 2010.

1. rosenav

rosenav Silver IL'ite

I wanted two kids , a boy and a girl , We are soon going to have a Boy and I'm naming him , DH agrees with my choice of names :) and we are planning to adopt a beautiful girl in future and Dh is all in for that.:thumbsup

2. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

We both wanted to have 2 kids and we are not concerned about the gender at all. We have 2 girls and I named both of them and my husband is ok with that. Anyhow he is not very fond of involving in these issues. He is very fond of keeping house clean but not the naming the kids :rotflHe gave me full choice.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
  3. srvaug

srvaug Senior IL'ite

We both wanted 2 kids(blessed with 3). First one was alredy named before she was born(even before
    I got pg). There is a mannat to Vaishnavi devi temple so we named her that. We know for sure
    that she was going to be a girl(lol).
    Second time we both came up with like 50 names (found out we were having boy and girl twins) each.
    Could not come up on common ground. At last we reached to a stage that we left it like that, with two really good names
    for each of them. When I delivered, as soon as we saw the twins, we named them from our final list with out a word. They
    are born with that name trends(or atleast we thought that was perfect names for them)

4. Nami2010

Nami2010 New IL'ite

I am married 6 months now. We are planning for kids only after 4yrs. God willing we will have 2 kids and I will name one and dh will name the other. Not yet decided on names.....too early to do that.
    We are 2 different religions so we will name each one, one religion name. Maybe I will give the first turn to dh....:crazy..... and then accordingly give a name that rhymes with the first one????..........Let's see.

5. sonusun

sonusun New IL'ite

By gods grace we have 2 beautiful boys-age 6 & 4 years old. I had a short but most struggle to the point all docs had said I can never have kids.
    dh & me together we always wanted 3 kids but after 2 c-sections & my dh was extremely sick I shud say I was forced to drop the idea of 3rd kid.

I had my first ds after 4 years of marraige but that was the most painful years.
    for first one dh & me fought like cats & dogs till date of delivery........we both did not even talk to each other.
    but when I held my lil one in my hand I decided dh's choice of name wud suit him but extracted a promise from dh if ever I do get pregnant second time it wud be my choice of name & I got it my way.

My heart even today longs for a sweet lil girl but I am 38 years old already......so I dont think my body can handle another pregnancy

6. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

I have 2 kids-boys.We did not plan on having any number of kids .When our first one was born,we went thru' a number of websites to choose a name according to numerology and kept one long name for him.I was not at all for having a second child ,but when I did have a miscarriage and when we noticed how much our first one wanted a sibling,we went for our second child.His name was chosen to rhyme with our first one's name.My inlaws did want us to name him according to their choice,but we did not like the name and so stuck with our own choice.

7. shreyashreyas

shreyashreyas Gold IL'ite

Soon after my marriage, i became pregnant. by that time a beautiful boy baby used to come in my dreams. I told my dh that i always wanted to name my kid SHREYAS. he agreed and i had also asked him to allow me to adopt the second child....

But i had an abortion. after another three months, when i was pregnant, right from 30th day we knew they were twin kids. I had selected two sets of names...
    Shreya and Shreyas
    Sharath and shruthi (Because in my dreams i used to get one boy and one girl and i strongly believed that the first baby was a boy)

Shreya and Shreyas was secondary because i had lost shreyas earlier.... so was just hesitating to finalize that name... but my Dh had told MIL the names and she rejected sharath and shruthi saying it doesnot look like brahmin names... so finalized SHREYA AND SHREYAS (according to mil - these names come in sahasranaamam, according to Dh, this set of name is both selected by his wife and mother, and my version is god has sent back shreyas along with an angel)

I think mine was the lengthy answer.... sorry.....

8. DevikaS

DevikaS Senior IL'ite

My Dh wanted 3 kids saying its so much more fun to be kids in a big family, I wanted 2, because that what almost everyone goes for.. But I also realized MORE THE MERRIER!! So we have decided 3 (In my & Dh horoscope it says we will have 4!!! Lets see)

I am pregnant with my First now. As for the names, It is tradition to name the baby starting with the letter according to the horoscope. So we have a list from A-Z with our favorite names one for boy & one for girl (we are keeping sex of baby a surprise till the birth) - we both mutually decided on the names.. there were some names that I loved but Dh didnt like them so much so they are out of the list. We both have to love the name.

9. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

I had to produce a son :rantcome what may :spin.. and we had 2... DD & DS. Even tho my DH never openly showed inclination for a gal or boy but it was clear what he finally wanted. I guess its more abu reliving your life that was left somewhere........ via your child.
    We shortlisted several names..
    DD's name was frm a frnd of mine who was a big hit in entire crowd & DS name was from RIG VEDA which I was reading during preg...

DH imm liked the name & said I want this name for my son & dont care who likes it & who doesn't.... For DD my MIL dint like the name I suggested.. she wanted to keep either LOVELY OR SWEETY.. to which my DH said ok.. then I need to wear a turban :crazy!!! She kept quiet.

I had to postpone submitting birth certificate for DD to get a final name from her... and she relaucatantly agreed to the initial selection... made a great fuss abu it.. even when I left it to her :coffee Maybe she just recalled how much name calling she did for her DDs inlaws when they selected their grandchild's name :biglaugh...(if they did.. I doubt that too)............

10. ProReal

ProReal Senior IL'ite

I am pregnant now but we havent got to the naming part as yet. I think it will be mutual but I also have a feeling that finally we will decide on what he chooses (PS: I saw an app on his iphone for baby names)

But my brother had a baby about a year ago and the responsibility of naming the baby fell on my little shoulders. 2 months before the due date I started browsing, coming up with name variations and did a lot and lot of work (actually) :) Finally the little one entered this world and my mom told us it was a baby boy. I had shortlisted 3 names by then. My DH was not very interested in this whole process of mine and kept saying "Good" or "Not Good" for names I selected.

Suddenly one fine day he came up with a name out of the ordinary and I added it to my list of 3 names (so he doesn't feel like he was being ignored). I ran the 4 names past my family and narrowed it to 2.. eventually by a massive phone voting (bro, sil, sis, bil, mom, dad, sil's parents) they all landed with the name my DH picked (PRANAV). I was slightly annoyed that no one picked the names but my bro and SIL loved it and that is what mattered :)