1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

No need to feel shy of contagious yawning!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindi
    The photos showing celebrities yawning sent by Shanvy resulted in this thread soaring high! Veda and Shanvy have my blessings in abundance. That's a couple I am awfully fond of.
    Of course I do want to cuddle a yawning child, sing a lullaby to it and make it yawn more.
    Your English teacher is inhuman. How can she cut short a yawn by such show of irritation? I am sure that she'll spend half her life yawning in her next birth. That is her 'prarabhda'
    You have been counted in Mindi and the explanation that you give to K for your yawning is very honest but do you give that answer as you are yawning or after your complete the entire cycle of yawns?
    Sri

2. Cheeniya

Dear Viswa
    You seem to be so obsessed with oxygen that you will go to any extent to get an adequate supply of it, even indulge in yawning for the purpose if needed.But I wonder if the back of a hand can hide a yawn completely. It depends on the magnitude of the yawn. My palm is quite large but my yawn can be larger most of the time!
    Talking of the back of hand, I remember the classic yelling of Jerome to his wife in Three Men in a Boat: 'The back of my hand is on its way to your mouth!' This proves that the back of the hand is the most useful part of human anatomy.

Lot of research is obviously being done about the Mexican Wave effect of yawning. We should get some definitive clues about this mystery before the turn of the century. In the mean time, let us keep yawning!
    Sri

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My dear Anna

As I came late here it was nice to read the old posts and the recent posts also. I also enjoy yawning when I am alone but feel embarassed to yawn in public. But it is surprising that though I yawn many times I dont get sleep immediately. It is said yawning is contageous. But dont know whether a person yawning in different places can yawn together. Yesterday I was chatting with my younger daughter who is in London . She was saying she is feeling bored and yawning and at the same time I was also yawning.

I think Anna you should start the second series of your Ramblings (since I was writing about yawning, I first typed second series of yawning, glad that I did not post it) and everyone will be happy.

4. Cheeniya

Dear Viji
    That you were about to say 'second series of yawning' is a subtle message to me! My second series of rambling will be immensely capable of inducing large scale yawning in IL! But yawning within limits is good for the jaws. I have this bad habit of concluding my yawning with a convulsive movement of my whole head. But mercifully the whole operation will be conducted in discreet silence. No shattering noise whatsoever!
    Sri