1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

No need to feel shy of contagious yawning!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Cheeniya Sir
    Thanks for my title. i agree i deserve it. however you have to admit you were caught in the act. this is how. you tried to pass off that you are emphatic and so implying you are also intelligent all by spinning an innocent looking yarn on yawning. If we have to accept that you are intelligent then what are we? really scared to mention it :wink:

2. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chithra
    How could you ask whose side am i on????:evil:
    Ofcourse i'm always on your side:tongue

3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Oh my sweetie chweetie pie!
    I asked you ,to make your priorities clear to the other party !
    I wondered what "act" Sri, was talking about, that too, in morning time here??!! Did you miss that point in your Thooka kalakkam, Sweetie?
    Love
    To
    Chitra
    From
    Chithra.

4. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Sri,

I read somewhere that yawning is because of blood circulation not reaching the brain.....

When I concentrate too much, I invariably yawn....I have one more bad habit / trait... when in meeting the moment somebody start telling something i can understand what he is going to tell and will be thinking about the next stage....Though he will be talking on the first.... Imagine the reaction, if i keep yawning continuously...

Similarly, whenever I attend seminars... Seriously I will be thinking and without my knowledge.... yawning.... The person making the presentation will be hinting..... But poor me .... thinking of the subject will never get the hint....Everybody will have a hearty laugh at my cost in the break...

I had tough times in Review meetings..... My boss will keep ordering coffee/tea/biscuits... When I tell Shan.... She will be laughing.... But onlything is i cant afford to do the same with her....

Veda

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi sri.,

I dont know how you can come up with such titles...just opening it...felt like yawning..you know how it hurts to control one.....

I accept the scientific explanation...but by yawning..you are trying to come into alertness..that was what i was doing halfway down your post...with my palm on my mouth..what to do...the ingrained manners....

On your reference to celebrity yawning...once i had got a forward from a movie buff in my yahoo group...
    so went back searched for it.. and here...sorry guys..no indian actors....
    but again..enjoy...
    Celebrities yawning | Pictures

P.S...I hate people who yawn with such loud noise..scaring the wits of others......

Last edited: Sep 14, 2007
  6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Sri,

Reading this i feel like yawning.Yes it is very contagious, god knows the scientific reason for this.You can even make yawing a pleasurable blog,as well as make a dead man give a speech.Great one.:2thumbsup: kamal

7. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shanthi
    The pictures of celebrities yawning were too good! And they made me feel happy that I yawn anyday better than them!
    After reading what you have written, I tried yawning noisily but enakku adhu vara mattengaradu! It must be an art I think!
    Sri

8. Cheeniya

Dear Kamalji
    Ornithologits say that even birds yawn. While we photograph animals yawning and write eulogies about them, why should we condemn humans for yawning?!!
    Sri

9. Cheeniya

Dear Veda
    The circumstances narrated by you are definitely yawn-inducing and you are fully justified in succumbing to the pressure! But tell me how do you supress your yawn in front of Shanvy? Is it the fear of the outcome that kills the yawn at its very root?
    I never stop yawning when my wife starts talking to me. It's my only way to let her know that I am listening. If I stop yawning, she'll yell at me, 'Are you listening to what I am saying?"
    Sri

1 person likes this.
  10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi sri,

Even as i write this my FIL is yawning at the pitch you will not believe....

1 person likes this.