No morning sickness-bad sign???

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by ashaaapti, Feb 14, 2009.

1. ashaaapti

ashaaapti New IL'ite

No nausea or No vomitings 5th week

Hi
    Is it normal that having no nausea or no vomiting..
    my mom said that she never had vomitings or nausea through her 3 pregnancies...
    i read online that no nausea sometimes is not a gud sign..I am bit worried..
    I am fine happily eating ...I just feel bit tired and have swollen breats..
    pls write on this..
    thanks
    veena

2. kavya007

kavya007 Gold IL'ite

Re: No nausea or No vomitings 5th week

Lady,

Stop reading random information on the web and getting unnecessarily worked up !!! Consider yourself blessed not to have morning sickness. I had no morning sickness or nausea throughout my pregnancy and I delivered a healthy baby boy. Neither did my mom have any nausea or morning sickness. So chill out.

Take care,
    Kavya.

3. ashaaapti

ashaaapti New IL'ite

thanks kavya...
    its like my elder sister scolding me ...
    anyways thanks ..i feel better ..
    veena

4. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Veena,

Congratulations on your pregnancy. Do not be worried over the absence of nausea. Like you say your mother never had any. So consider yourself blessed. I have not had any till now and the baby is perfectly fine. So relax and remember to take information from the internet with a pinch of salt. Take care.

Regards,
    Anitha

5. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

Some people start the Nausea only after 6th week.Don't try reading anything on the internet.

As the others mentioned here,if you are not having nausea you are blessed :)...

6. vshetty

vshetty New IL'ite

hi...
    i am in my 6th week of pregnancy and from what i have heard i should have started having some nausea or signs of morning sickness... i have all the other symptoms including backache.. but no morning sickness at all.. is this a bad sign?? pls let me know as i am really worried if something is wrong with me!!
    A hearty congratulations to all the others here in this forum who are pregnant :)....

7. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Vshetty,

Congratulations on our pregnancy! Relax - lack of nausea is not a bad sign. There are lot of women who do not experience nausea - I am one of them. At least you have other signs of pregnancy, I had none. So do not worry and just relax. This nausea thing has really got hyped up, thanks to our movies!! The only way they announce a pregnancy is by showing the woman sick with nausea or by fainting!! Lol!! :rotfl Enjoy your pregnancy.

Regards,
    Anitha

8. lee50

lee50 Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Its normal not to have morning sickness. I didnt have any nausea till the seventh month. However, now I have heartburn and acidity which again is normal. Sometimes, I tend to throw up so I have early meals. My doctor has advised to have milk and biscuits to control acidity.

Do not worry about anything, just focus on your eating, relax and do not stress yourself worrying about what is not happening to you.

For back pain, you can go to any of the Kerala ayurvedic store and ask for Dhanwantharam Tailam. You need to apply it on the back and do not massage rigorously. It will provide relief. It was provided to me by a doctor specially for pregnancy. I have used the oil some months back and found it effective.

All the best for your pregnancy.

Regards,
    Lynette

9. waitingForTej

waitingForTej Senior IL'ite

If you haven't experienced any sickness at all so far.. then it's not a bad sign... On the other hand, if you were experiencing sickness and it stopped all of a sudden in the 6 or 7th week.. then (from my personal experience), you should talk your gynaec into an U/S to make sure everything is ok....

10. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

HI Vshetty,
    Definitely not!! Comeon' you are lucky enough for not having morning sickness. Your baby might be so cooperative:thumbsup.
    TO be frank, even I too haven't had any experience of morning sickness or vomitings. Mine was a pretty normal delivery and my Kid is 15months oldnow!!
    So no worries and have a safe pregnancy.