1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

No More curry Leaves in USA

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by sriha, Mar 12, 2008.

1. akijay

akijay Bronze IL'ite

Hiii,

Thanks for the info..i have been searching for curry every week in india plaza...i don mind cooking without curry leaves but my hubby will not cook without curry leaves..so i am going to miss food prepared by him..and more over i cant prepare karuvepillai oil which is the reason for my decent hair..:spin

2. writeme

writeme Silver IL'ite

Hi Akijay,

Can you please post how to prepare "Kachiya Enna" with curry leaves? Back at home, my grand mother used to prepare it for me. I am desparately looking for some solution for my hair loss.. Please do post! :help

Thanks..

3. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Hi friends,
    Whenever you go over to India, get some curry leaves, washed and dried and pack it and bring it here---this can be the solution if you go over to India in the near future..

I asked my parents to bring in a gallon zip-lock and use it in 1 or 2 leaves daily...

Last week I went to the Indian store here...the curry leaves there is already spoiled..

sriniketan

4. ramyanand

ramyanand Gold IL'ite

our local indian stores did not carry curryleaves..But i got some in Cash and carry store in artesia.

5. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

Like all you guys, i found the leaves spoilt too at the nearby store. When I asked them they said, it was because of autumn and the leaves were falling. Good that I didn't buy.
    Does dry curry leaves have the same aroma ? We don't have a choice anyways. :)

Thanks for sharing the info dear.

6. bhattuma

bhattuma New IL'ite

7. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Curry plant thrives in the hot weather of the southwest. Most of us grow them in our backyard. If you happen to visit, I will give you a bouquet of curry leaves.
    See my blog entry under Curry leaves.

8. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Thank God, I didnt stay in MA.. moved to NJ 10 years back. We used to get what not always here :mrgreen: I am crazy lover of curry leaves and can never cook without it :(

me too
    me too
    me too

please :(

9. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Good for u guys :( Just for this , I need to plan a trip out there I guess.

My cousin is in Tampa.. she has big big curry leaves trees :)00:) thats right.. I get lots of ziploc and freeze it :ee:

10. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Hi,

I heard from my friend in California that they are not getting curry leaves there. But here in Central Virginia, we are still getting curry leaves. No problem as of now here.
    It is difficult without curry leaves esp. when we are preparing South Indian dishes like sambar,rasam etc.

Jithiks