1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

No more couriers from home????

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Jananikrithsan, Nov 17, 2007.

1. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

I remember that even a few years back all homes with relatives or immediate family living abroad, would faithfully shop for clothes for the upcoming festival days in advance or even before months so that the parcel would reach them on time or earlier. Sticthing blouses to their size or pavadai chattai for the kids, sending it to them even thru freinds or someone going to that place, what fun that was!!!!!! Is it that the shops there abroad are fulfilling the needs or sending such parcels in the computer yuga is out of fashion??? Why is this like this year's diwali pattasu sales becoming a forgotten practice??????

Last edited: Nov 17, 2007

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Janani
    In most of the countries you do get indian dresses. And the nother option is many of them oder it from the telenet shopping where the goods are deliveried at your door step.

3. swarnalata.N.S.

swarnalata.N.S. Platinum IL'ite

I think because there is internet online shopping now anyone anywhere can buy anything. And also all countries have indian shops now, I am told. So no need for couriers.
    And about firewoorks, it good thing they are becoming less. Less pollution and less waste of money.