No Image Hotlinking!!

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback!' started by Marun, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Marun

Marun Platinum IL'ite

Hi all,

One more suggestion from my side. Kindly let me know if i am over suggestive.. :bowdown

I came across this thread: http://www.indusladies.com/forums/movies/54931-sridevis-hot-daughter-jhanavi-kapoor.html#post648615

The point which i would like to put forth now is:

Is hot linking images are allowed here?? This is not at all safe. That's why i am raising this question. If hot linking is allowed, kindly change the rule by stating that its strictly not allowed. Because, we can't trust this hot links. The picture might change anytime(hope u understood).

Always ask members to hotlink images only if the source is trust worthy or else ask them to use image hosting sites and then post the pictures here.

Moreover if one member hotlinks image from a bad ranked site of Google, That in turn will affect IL ranking as well through Google spiders.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009

2. raagini

raagini Silver IL'ite

Hi Marun , it is a good observation and you have explained it in a fine way :)

as you might be knowing, hotlinks to images are certainly not allowed on most of online
    community forums . some forums also put restrictions on posting direct clickable links
    ( they have to be encoded with code tags ) .

At present I do not find any rule here related to the hot linking and it could be added soon .

3. Marun

Marun Platinum IL'ite

Hi ragini,

I would suggest you pals to add as soon as possible. These kind of hot linkings have screwed many sites in ranking by google analytics.

Better to have it soon. :)

4. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hello Marun,

Thanks for your valuable suggestion and bringing to our attention about the issue of hot linking. We would definitely consider this and do the needful.