No IC for 1 month, Seman analysis can be done?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by PavithraReddy, Jul 16, 2015.

1. PavithraReddy

PavithraReddy New IL'ite

Hi,
    I'm trying to conceive and doc asked my hubby to get a seman analysis test. We were not in IC for about 1 month. Is it fine to take a test tomorrow? Will it give a clear result? I heard more than 7 days old seman will not give exact results. Kindly suggest me what to do?

2. pinkydarling

pinkydarling Platinum IL'ite

Hello pavithra Reddy...
    Yes, what you heard is it is true...more than 5 or 7 days old semen is not give exat result and it is not valid for semen test.You just break that and do intercoure. The number of days to wait after IC to give a semen analysis is 3 to 5 days. Giving a semen analysis in less than 3 days after an ejaculation produce a small volume low count semen sample. Giving a semen sample after more than 5 days of IC can cause the sperm to have low motility.... Hope u understand......

3. pinkydarling

pinkydarling Platinum IL'ite

Hello pavithra Reddy...
    Yes, what you heard is it is true...more than 5 or 7 days old semen is not give exat result and it is not valid for semen test.You just break that and do intercoure."The number of days to wait after IC to give a semen analysis is 3 to 5 days".Giving a semen analysis in less than 3 days after an ejaculation produce a small volume low count semen sample. Giving a semen sample after more than 5 days of IC can cause the sperm to have low motility.... Hope u understand......

4. Saya83

Saya83 Silver IL'ite

@PavithraReddy - what pinky has said is correct. The doctors usually advice 3-5 days of abstinence. You can check your semen analysis, three days from now.

1 person likes this.
  5. PavithraReddy

PavithraReddy New IL'ite

Thank you for the response.. I understood the concept :Bow: