No Foetal heartbeat and had D&C

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Vandanaa, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Vandanaa

Vandanaa New IL'ite

Hi

I was having a normal preganancy till 12 weeks with morning sickness ,stomach slowly bulging....When i went for a check up at 12 weeks doctor said the growth of the foetus shows only 9 weeks and no heartbeat.Doctor advised foetal demise within last 3 days.I immediately had to go through a D&C andall is over within blink of my eye..It was a big blow for me as i did not have any symptoms -no bleeding ,no cramps and my first delivery was C-section but without any complications and have a healhy DD..

I did my first scanning in 6 weeks and everything was normal including heartbeat.Just trying to come out of it as still i always think it might be a dream and i am going to wake up..Too painful shock..

Doctor says there is no reasoning out as it is just the egg not formed fully and it might be a handicapped foetus which by nature most of the time demise.

Just wanted to hear from you friends if you know any
    1)reasons out
    2)Precautions after this(working,having intercourse)
    3)when can we have planning for next baby

Pls help!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Aug 29, 2010

2. DDC

DDC Silver IL'ite

Vandana,
    I am so sorry to hear it. ((Hugs))

Take Folic acid & plan for the next one after a few months. May my signature hold true for you.

3. soumya234

soumya234 Platinum IL'ite

Though it is not that easy to forget what happened, just have a positive outlook.Wishes and Prayers!!

Last edited: Aug 29, 2010
  4. simply_doubtful

simply_doubtful Gold IL'ite

Vandana
    dont worry. even i had miscarried @ 11 weeks twice. just gave birth 20 days ago. u can try for a pregnancy after a break of 3-4 months not 3-4 weeks as the other poster said.
    next time u get preggers dont have intercourse.
    Hansika

5. newmum

newmum Senior IL'ite

Vandana Sad to hear abt ur loss.May GOD bless u a with new lil bundle of joy soon.
    Its difficult but try to come out of it and be hopeful.
    Hugs

6. Vandanaa

Vandanaa New IL'ite

Thanks all so much for your care.
    Trying to come out of it slowly...!!!!!

7. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Good Luck Vandanaa.Be strong!

Take Care dear:thumbsup God is with you:hiya

8. manjur

manjur Senior IL'ite

vandana,

sorry about your loss .the same incident happened to me at 12 weeks .took some time to come out of it . it is called missed abortion. my doctor said that time to try after 3 months.

9. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Vandanaa,
    I'm so sorry for your loss. A missed miscarriage with continuing symptoms must be really difficult to deal with. First of all, I'm sure your doctor has explained to you but let me assure you that it is not something that you did/didn't do that caused the miscarriage(Climbing up stairs, running, sex, normal stresses all these don't cause miscarriages unless you have symptoms of a threatened miscarriage). Usually first trimester losses are mainly because of a chromosomal abnormality in the embryo and the embryo could not develop beyond a certain point. Your body might not have realized that the baby has no heartbeat since it probably happened just a few days before your ultrasound. It takes some time for the body to realize that the baby is not going to make it and start showing symptoms like disappearing first trimester symptoms, spotting, bleeding etc. That's probably the reason you never realized.
    I read your earlier thread and know you have had one successful pregnancy already so this is probably a one off thing.
    Relax, take good care of yourself and try again when you are ready. Take your pre-natals and exercise. Other than that, if you don't have an incompetent cervix or a history of preterm labor, you don't have to take any other precautions.

Good Luck to you,
    Laks

10. nithyadavidson

nithyadavidson Bronze IL'ite

Vandana,

Really sorry dear for ur loss... Please dont worry things will fall in its place.