No clue what's happening!!

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by brinda03, Dec 20, 2015.

1. brinda03

brinda03 Junior IL'ite

Hello friends,
    We are TTC for the last 6 yrs with unexplained infertility.
    Both of us are fine. Husband had mild motility and DNA frag issues, but last 2 yrs the reports look normal.

Ive done HSG but not Lap/Hystero as doctors said they don't feel it's required and asked to go for IVF

IVF 1: Transferred 1, implanted, but missed miscarriage at around 5.5 weeks

FET: Transferred 2. Both didn't stick.

Now this month IVF 2: Transferred 2. Very low Beta HCG and now spotting. Most likely a miscarraige again

I am really anxious as to what's going on. Fron the look of it there is no problem with implantation. I have around 6 frozen embryos. But ditn want to go in for another FET before knowing what's wrong.

Anyone seen such a case as mine before and what cus be the reason its happening?

When I go and meet my doc, what am I supposed to ask or suggest to him

It's very puzzling and I'm slowly losing interest in having a kid. Please help me out here.!

2. sugugiri2010

sugugiri2010 Gold IL'ite

Hi i dont have any knowledge about ur problem , still i just came here to say... calm down, relax... stress will make the situation worse... bouncing this thread so that some one can help....

3. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

Hey OP ,

please be calm and pray to god. Recently my bhabhi conceived after 10 year of marriage Naturally. She had visited to all big hospitals, 7 years of treatment and 3 failed IVFs. My brother had lost all faith and even cut off from all relatives. But now we got good news...we all are praying for her healthy child.

1 person likes this.
  4. Katakam123

Katakam123 Silver IL'ite

I think you need to ask dr on the quality of the egg prior to transfer, was it kept our to see if it multiply. If yes then the next thing will be ur uterus condition, food taken, ur sugar level, any blood cloth seen during ultrasound/ scanning.

5. Maggilg

Maggilg Senior IL'ite

Hello Brinda,
    Sorry to hear about your spotting. I heard spotting is common is early pregnancy so don't lose hope yet.
    Was your DH DNA fragmentation too high ? If everything is fine from ur side like egg quality ,uterine quality and karyotypes then early miscarriage may b due to very high Dna fragmentation. This can b treated by antioxidants like high vit c , e and l-carnitine.
    sometimes even simple clotting issues can lead to it.

I hope your spotting is just early pregnancy spotting and hope the little embryo sticks and grows well. If things don't turn as expected sit with doctor and discuss about his Dna fragmentation issues and rule out clotting, infection and elevated Nk cells issues. Also IVF is a number game and sometimes doctors can't determine the cause of its failure.

6. Maggilg

Maggilg Senior IL'ite

Sorry I missed reading ur Dh's SA normal since two yrs. Have you both done your karyotype ? It's to rule of chromosomal problems just in case. Like I said in my earlier post rule out the probabilities of clotting issue, hidden infection and immune issues. If everything is normal then u can try Pgs on embryos just to make sure they are euploid.

7. brinda03

brinda03 Junior IL'ite

Hi sugugiri and Priya,
    Thanks so much for the positivity. I really require it.

Hi Katakam,
    I think a hysteroscopy is needed to just rule out any issues. Thanks for responding.

Hi maggilg,
    Thanks so much for the response. Are there any tests to find out if there is any underlying infection in the uterus for me? Also I'm also hearing about this karyotyping, but I am reading that even if any problem.is detected chromosomally/ nothing really can be done for it and there is no solution :(

NK cells testing is currently not available in India. I'm not sure how ppl in India are getting this tested. Ill evaluate the options u have mentioned in more detail.

8. Maggilg

Maggilg Senior IL'ite

Brinda,

karyotype problems occur very rare. Even if there is any problem Pgs testing can b done and chromosomal normal embryos will b transferred. It's normally done when sperm count is very low or very poor egg quality or repeated early miscarriage or chemical. Your doctor will recommend if she/he thinks you need one.
    Nk testing is rarely done in clinics in chennai but some clinics do intralipds as a treatment. You need to check with ur dr/clinic for more info. I think doctor mainly concentrate on clotting issues and thyroid and anti thyroid antibodies and lining issues first. Regarding testing for infection I remember reading post in this forum and other forum abt ladies going to this test but I don't have more info abt it. Sorry.
    since yours is unexplained plz have a healthy life style and normal bmi and keep trying naturally too.

9. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Can you do PGS screening of your embryos? Often not all embryos created by IVF will be chromosomally normal, even though they look great under the microscope. Once you are certain that you are transferring normal embryos then it may be time to look into other factors like immune issues or uterine structure.
    However it can often take several tries for IVF to succeed. It is better to be proactive and ask your doctor about what to do next.
    Is your TSH level being monitored? Insist that it be around 1.0 if its not already. My clinic will not start IVF if the level is over 2.5, but they recommend keeping it around 1.0 while TTC.

10. brinda03

brinda03 Junior IL'ite

An update, friends..
    U was spotting and doc asked me to come for scan today (7w 3d). We had transferred 2 embryos. But the scan showed 3 sacs! Probably one of them had split and implanted. My beta hcg has also not been very high. Last Saturday it was 3024.

All three sacs are very small in size 5-6 mm. Both gestational and yolk sac but no pole.

This is getting more mysterious. All three are blighted ovum? First IVF I had 1 blighted ovum.. Looks like uterus is good for implantation. But why is it not growing??/None of them? Is there some obvious issue I am missing?

Doc has asked to continue the medication for one more week and scan next Saturday, but he said he's not very hopeful.

Ive lost faith in Astrologers, God and Doctors. Dont know what's left..