1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Nine days in a spiritual world

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Oct 22, 2015.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

First of all was very happy that this year Navratri I celebrated in my daughter's house. Golu did not occupy much space because I kept the Golu in a show case in the middle where usually TV is kept. Our TV being Flat TV was in the wall. For steps I used the books and some small Gift boxes. My husband had got a Shawl in which Narayana is painted. One close friend had given me electric diya which I could keep in the down portion in a line and my daughted an electric vilakku which also I kept in the side. Durga devi given by one IL friend five or six years back I did alankaram. Everyone appreciated saying recently only you had shifted year and you could keep golu also. But was disappointed when our neighbour's daughter in law said she did not see the golu in my house when I met her father in law. He was telling oh you have kept golu when I invited him to come and see.

Morning did archana to Devi everyday . Did not know how the nine days passed because in the mornings I used to go to the places where I was invited and evenings at home inviting ladies who come to my house. Some friends came with their husband. This time had bought Maharashtrian type haldi kum kum box in steel where I kept kumkum, haldi and Chadanam. We had bought 50 pieces of that and 12 pieces of small torch which we gave to the men who came. All that got over by yesterday and later I gave money to the ladies and gents . did not realise that so many friends and relatives will come. Morning made sweet and evening sundal. Glad all the relatives and friends whom all I invited came except one or two. My friends from contract bus, from office, friends of old house . Was surprised when all the ladies in the building came on the first day though I dont know them only one or two could not come.

Last Sunday first I wanted to go for Meenakshi Kalyanam conducted by Bajana Samaj but then I was tired so did not go and that day my husband's niece and her babhi , my brother and bhabhi, my son an daughter in law came , till 1 pm I was busy witht hem. Then visited a friend's house for haldi kumkum and when I came back was surprised my brother in law's son and dil came as they had told they will come at 4 pm. I had not had lunch, they had in Meenakshi Kalyanam where they thought I would be also there. So told my brother in law's dil to make prasadam for the evening. She likes to do and my husband was very happy to see her making the prasadam

Day before we were going to brother in law's house in the morning but no autos were ready to come. One young girl came and asked me where we have to go and fetched an auto for us, I thought she is also coming but she fetched the auto for us. Her parents must be proud of her. My daughter was saying you should have asked about her, later I was feeling I should have invited for Golu and given haldi kumkum. But I did not have presence of mind that time. Some friends I saw them on the way and invited but still they came.

Today the 10th day usually noone comes or I go but today also I went to two friends house. Actually a friend had invited to her house who came yesterday to my house and told her address but my mistake when I rang the bell it was a different friend whom I know but she was very happy to see me and was saying Devi only sent you here as I wanted to give someone haldi kumkum in the morning. Then she told me the other friend's house. When I went there she gave haldi kumkum and also did namaskaram to me saying its good to take elder's blessings on this day. I felt so blessed. One office friend told me she will come today , every year without fail she comes, since the gifts were over I went and bought Laughing Buddha for her but as they say dane dane pe likha hai khane wale ka nam , she did not turn up and another friend with whom I used to travel in contract bus came with her husband and that gift I gave to her and she had brought me a nice wooden Peedam for God with KUmbam painted in that.

Being busy whole day couldnot log in much also, now back to the pavilion from tomorrow. Have to give replies to the feedbacks , will be missing meeting friends and relatives. Still arranging in the new houses is not over and slowly have to do that also. So for sometime will be busy and will have no time to think of anything

Wish you all a Happy Dussera, may Devi bless everyone and fulfill their wishes and keep them happy and healthy

2. surekhap

surekhap Platinum IL'ite

Re: Nine days in a different world

Happy Dussera to u too vijiamma. Thanks for the blessing and wishes. Happy to know that all these 9 days u have spent time with your near and dear one's.

1 person likes this.
  3. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Re: Nine days in a different world

Happy Dussera and glad to receive the blessings. Good to know that you had a fulfilling Navaratri.

4. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,
    Take a day's rest.We wish to see busy Viji again in IL team.Glad to know that you had occasion to meet so many friends and relatives.

Jayasala 42

1 person likes this.
  5. gitasharma

gitasharma Gold IL'ite

happy dassera vijjiamma yes I too was very busy and did not log in sent some msgs on whats app that was it.wil begin again now and be in touch
    regards & love
    gita

1 person likes this.
  6. sangeethakripa

sangeethakripa Gold IL'ite

Happy for you dear mam.... Your diary of Golu was nice to read. Felt as though I was with you in your Golu. Seeking your blessing on this Dussehra.. Your Golu pics and Devi alangaram were very beautiful. Advance Diwali Wishes to you.

1 person likes this.
  7. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viji madam,
    A wonderful way of spending a festival. For 9 days pooja, meeting friends, creativity in arranging Golu and in a spiritual world. You did all! I really admire your enthusiasm, Bhakti, friendly nature with everyone. Have a great time.
    Syamala

1 person likes this.
  8. sreeram

sreeram IL Hall of Fame

So nice to read your post. Happy to know that you have settled well in the new house and have made new friends too.

Take rest ma.. Hope uncle is also fine...

9. sreeram

sreeram IL Hall of Fame

Vijima, I have posted my first story titled 'first day at school'. Please do read it when you get time and post in your feedback..

10. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

Hi Vijji Mam, Thanks for sharing your Navarathri Celebrations experience with us.

1 person likes this.