1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Nikiz first bday party

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by amihere, Jul 17, 2013.

1. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

We started planning for the big day many months in advance itself. I wanted it to be perfect and didnt want to miss out on
    Anything .DH and I had decided a few things beforehand itself on cake,theme,menu etc. We planned to have a smaller cake for
    cutting and then cupcakes for guests. It was obvious there will be too leftover cake after the party. Since cup cakes are
    easier and less messy to store we opted that. For food we decided to go with the lady who had already done a few parties in
    our previous apartment. We were not sure whether to have a theme or not, but finally went with the Princess theme. It was not a
    full out theme party,but if you ask me "if there was a theme".."Yep,Princess" would be the answer.

We checked a few sites and jotted down some notes regarding planning a party.Then we made our invitee list(including even the
    kids).We settled for an e-invite and I took the template from an online card creating site where we can design the card and
    order for its paper formats. After designing the invite saved it in PDF since I was using the booklet type of invitation.
    A month before the D-date we sent out the invite with a request for RSVP. The invite included details
    like,date,time,venue,location map.Only a few RSVPed so we personally called up each family 2-3days before the function.

Once that was done we finalized the event decorator (after scouring through many opiotns given in the net) and paid advance
    to them as well as the caterer.Finally we decided on the cake and cup cakes.For cutting we ordered a Princess cake of 2Kgs
    and ordered another 100 cupcakes from a cupcake baker.Cupcakes came with a frosting on each. I wanted to customize it and
    wasnt ready to spend a lot more. So I did DIY and made "Our Princess turns 1" flags for each cup cake.Final purchase were the
    return gifts. Though our guest list were around 100 there were only 16kids that too most were below 3years.We grouped them to
    2...toddlers & School goers. For toddlers we bought sippy cups and themed school stationary set for older kids. Purchased
    toffees,wrapper,ribbons and gift covers too. Filled each Sippy cup with toffees and wrapped and finished them with a bow. Since
    all gifts were given in a cover we used color themes on bow ribbons to identify the gifts in them :) One of the DH's friend
    is a phtographer(by hobby) so we asked him to click the photos of the occasion. Another friend too clicked a lot of pics. So
    we didnt regret hiring one :)
    After all the arrangement the last one remaining was the Princess' skirt. I had decided to make a no sew tutu skirt and then
    to team it up with a matching top. Skirt was very easy to make but it took 2hours and 4shops to find a perfectly matching top
    for that. I even thought of getting rid of the idea and to buy a fluffy frock. But my DH kept on assuring me that we will find
    the right one and that then only will call it a day.

Everything was set. I had made a photo presentation with her monthly photos,naming ceremony,annaprassna photos as well.(We
    have a projector in the club house so didnt have to rent one).Guests started coming in by 12PM.(We had opted for a lunch
    party). Niki was so happy to see so many faces and was playing ,smiling and blabbering to all.But by 12.45 she started to get
    cranky and we decided not to delay the cutting further. To the chorus of "Happy Bday" song she cut her very first cake. Though
    all of us were eyeing the cake, her eyes were full set on the singing candle :) after cake cutting we distributed the
    cupcakes to all and led them for the lunch. The cake used for cutting was distributed after lunch. By around 3PM everyone left
    and all were complimenting us for throwing such a nice party. Finally we too left for our flat with a happy and satisfied(that
    months of preparation didnt go waste) feeling. That was such a wonderful day.

Will post the details of the vendors and DIYs along with pics later.

2. Deepu04

Deepu04 IL Hall of Fame

Super.. Wish ur LO belated happy birthday... :) your preaprations for ur LO`s Bday is good.. :) so happy that it went well without any hindrances...

3. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi Deepu, Thanks for the comment :)

4. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi ami,

Belated happy birthday to Nikki!! May she be blessed with a long, healthy, love-filled happy life.

5. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Ami...too good :) reminded me of my daughters birthday! Belated wishes to the little darling. Please consider posting this in IL's kids birthday section too :)