1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Night coughs

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by reema_gupta, Nov 13, 2008.

1. reema_gupta

reema_gupta New IL'ite

Hi All,

My son is 2 years old, his skin is very sensitive, why does my son cough when he lays down He takes allergy meds in the morning and before bed. But every night he can't get air and just coughs.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi reema,

Would suggest you show him to a doctor.

3. ketal

ketal Bronze IL'ite

pl spray to nilgiri oil in the cloth

after bath and speeping time

ketal

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

ketal

The child is having a problem with breathing when lying down..though the pillows raising all can be solutions, he needs to be checked by a doctor...

you cannot spray nilgiris oil on cloth as he is sensitive...and we don't know what would trigger another coughing bout.

5. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

your son is suffering from asthma and have him checked by the doc, remove all rug and mats from his room and have snythetic pillow for him, air his beddings thrice week, make him wear cotton clothes as the sensitive skin is a sign of eczema. astham and eczema are related so take him to a doc and have him started on meds, also make a list of food he takes so it will help you to see with what he is allergic to as food can cause coughing like bananas at night will make you cough, any milk products, if you eat fish please start to give him fish. i am asthmatic. also give him lots of hot water (warm) it will help clear the cough.
    make sure i=his room is dust free, the dust can cause to cough as well.
    please keep me posted on his health and go to a doc.

alpa

6. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Idon't have much to say beyond what Alpha has told.
    I wud like to add onething..Do not use any FUR items.Don't give him those fur dolls too.And get all his toys (except the electronic ones which u can clean by cloth)dipped in hot water every night.This will sterilise his toys and keep it dust free..Get him checked by a good pediatrician..

Clean the screen clothes every alternate days.U can keep eucalyptus vapour near his bed.Take hot water and sprinkle eucalyptus in the water and keep it near his bed.Be careful while keeping hot water near the bed.ALL THE BEST!!!

Last edited: Nov 26, 2008
  7. devinathan

devinathan New IL'ite

Yeah sure. You have to go to doctor. It may be asthma. vacuuming, dusting every day . Use non-bio detergent,etc. Rub vicks vapourub his chest,and his foot as well. It will help his cough.

8. bars62

bars62 Senior IL'ite

hi

give your son ginger juice with honey twice thrice in a day and massagehis back with coconut oil with camphor before going to bed.this will give him relief.

also take him to doctor and have his chest tested.it should be some allergy.

bars62
    bharathy.g.

9. Amarpreetkochar

Amarpreetkochar Junior IL'ite

Hi,

You son is very small that is he is just two years old. Otherwise, I would have suggested you to give him ayurvedic " Adulsa" cough syrup. However, for a two year old, it is always better to take a medical advice from a good doctor.

Yes, dusting and cleaning his room will definitely help.

Best Wishes,
    Amarpreet:)

10. jhonearcher

jhonearcher New IL'ite

Causes of Night cough:

The following medical conditions are some of the possible causes of Night cough. There are likely to be other possible causes, so ask your doctor about your symptoms.

* Gastro-oesophageal disease - reflux of stomach contents into airways at night when lying flat
    * Croup - cough predominantly at night due to humidity of night air
    * Asthma
    * Pertussis
    * Congestive cardiac failure

Last edited: Mar 30, 2010