1. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

NFL 2007 Season

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Shobanag, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Hi everyone

Any sports fan out there? Care to discuss the upcoming NFL season - opening game tomorrow. I am so excited! I dont see much discussion regarding any sports - so how about we start here? Since this is an American sport, I am posting under the general discussion in US.

For starters, Peyton Manning is my favorite player; this is my second year playing fantasy football and he is my quarterback. I hope I win this year:2thumbsup: . I dont analyze like some of my fellow competitors - they are hard core. Me, I love watching it!!

Hope to discuss with more football fans here. Any takers???

2. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Re: NFL is about to begin...

Hi Shobha,

Yes I am an NFL fan too. Though i dont have a favorite team, i love the game. Yes I like Peyton Manning too. And i used to like the old Green bay packers team. Have been watching it ever since i came here. Had to, since hubby's most favorite passtime used to be NFL, and NBA. So i joined him . So yes I will be there to discuss. Now he has switched to GOLF , and i follow that too.

Vandhana

3. madhu11

madhu11 Bronze IL'ite

hi Shobha,

wow, I am a NFL fan or what. I used to live in CT so, New England Patriots were winning for couple of years and I really like Tom Brady alot then. I can't wait for it to begin. Now, being in FL I am having too many things to do because the weather is nice outside not able to watch many games as I used to when I was in CT hibernating.
    I hope Peter Manning wins too for you. And may the best QB win. This was many years ago, I used to be a big fan of Broncos. Now, its like where
    are they. I usually am very regular with playoffs. When the super bowl is there
    my whole family is glued to the TV. I like super bowl parties...food...etc...

4. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Madhu,

Yes Tom Brady , go figure!! Me too regular once the playoff start and yes we have a good superbowl party at home. Of course the quality of ads have gone down over the years. And we do get the occasional Janet Jackson to stir things up:yes: . Busy with the PGA golf tours now. But come November, it will be NFL time at home.

Vandhana

5. madhu11

madhu11 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Vandana,

yes, the ads are not like they used to be. I wonder why. They had superb ads before. :2thumbsup: I used to watch the ads again and again...gone are those days.
    I hope this year they better come up with some awesome ads. Can't wait.:yes:
    Have a good time watching the PGA golf tours.

6. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Hello fellow NFL fans - I agree with you all regarding the ads - nothing stands out any more. Since I joined fantasy football - I watch religiously and am checking the scores online to see how the other games are coming along. My husband thinks I am nuts! In our house, I watch football (both college and NFL) and basketball (college) more than he does - go figure! I get really worked up if my players are not playing well!! I have never got into golf - thinking about taking up the game - now that I am an empty nester and have loads of time!

Go Peyton Manning & the Colts- he is playing tonight!!

Last edited: Sep 7, 2007
  7. madhu11

madhu11 Bronze IL'ite

hi shoba,

I think its wonderful that you are watching sports more than him. It just shows that you are more of a sports fan that's all. I don't watch basketball much but I watch baseball. I am a NY Yankee fan coz of being in New England. Even I get worked up if my players are not playing well!!!

Go Colts!!! rooting for your team.

8. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Hope you all watched the game last night - great start to the season!! :yes:

9. madhu11

madhu11 Bronze IL'ite

Yes Shoba, watched it last night.:yes: That was a good game. Next is sunday. Broncos vs Buffalo bills. I hope to watch it.

10. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Week 1 is history now. I lost my first game of fantasy football - besides Manning, my players let me down :bangcomp: . Hope I do better next week. Tony Romo was unbelievable in his opening game. Let us see how Week 2 shapes up.