1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Newyork Trip.

Discussion in 'Places & Events in Bay Area' started by renuga, Jul 28, 2010.

1. renuga

renuga Senior IL'ite

Hi We are planning for east coast trip(new york,washington Dc,niagara falls).I want to know to to plan.We have booked flight and need Idea how to cover 3 places in 5 days.Which is good driving or taking bus trip(is it good with 3 and half yrs old boy).

thanks in advance.

2. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

I don't see how you can do all three in five days. I would pick one and do that for ;five days. Niagara Falls is 7-8 hours drive from NYC.....WDC is what 6 hours drive? I would recommend either do NYC or WDC only. JMO.

3. writeme

writeme Silver IL'ite

Driving to/from NY to niagara & WDC could be really hectic within the short span. If you really wish to cover all these places, ideal thing would be to choose flights to travel between the cities.

4. renuga

renuga Senior IL'ite

Hi

Thanks both of you for your reply.how about taking conducted tour(bus trip)Anyone have experience.

5. aparnanc

aparnanc Bronze IL'ite

Renuga,

First things first.. Where have u booked ur tickets to? If it is NY then u shd try to cover Niagara and NY. Reserve DC for another time.

You can take bus from NY to Niagara (if you want to avoid driving). It's preferable to rent your own car and go for the trip as it gives u some flexibility (especially since u have a kid)

Let me know if u need any other details..

6. Bhavna3

Bhavna3 New IL'ite

Renuga,
    There are 3 day tours from new york to washington dc and niagara falls. They may even take you to philadelphia. These trip also includes hotel charges. It may cost around 150 to 200 per person. But it is better to travel by car. At least the hotel and time you want to stay in a place will be within your discretion.

7. renuga

renuga Senior IL'ite

Hi gals
    Thanks for you reply.
    Aparna
    We booked tickets to EWR airport 20 min to newyork.

Bhawna
    I too have heard about bus trip.I need some pointers and feedbacks about bustrips who took bustrips.

Thanks

Renu