1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Newly Married - Questions about Intimacy!

Discussion in 'Intimacy' started by lalithakumar, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Just a thought Flyingkite - the wetness is due to arousal, so decreasing foreplay may help.

Vanathi

2. flyingkite

flyingkite Senior IL'ite

hey she says there is hardly any foreplay but she felt maybe her vaginal muscles are weak so I suggested to chek up with gync. She did but doc said its not and due to her shyness she dint ask any other intimate qs.
    Thanks for the response though.

TC

3. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

4. Angel0205

Angel0205 New IL'ite

flyingkite, ask your sis to do kegel exercise, 10 times at once. Search about the exercise in google. It really helps.
    My sister is a gyn. she tells me to do it, during my pregnancy time.
    It helps strengthening the pelvic muscle.

5. Angel0205

Angel0205 New IL'ite

Re: Question about intimacy

HI Cindhuja,
    what you've mentioned is very very normal for the new bride, considering that you were with a joint family for sometime and you had just few chance to get intimate with your hubby.
    Now you're alone with your dh, so start the things by having some foreplay and never think about pain which will happen next and enjoy that moment. Then make love.
    Even I had trouble in such things, but we sorted out by having talks with hubby for hours and by getting some tips from gyn. All set now :)
    Once you start enjoying, then in no time you'll be able to share the good news.

Good luck.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

6. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Thanks all.Hope i get rid of that fear soon.

1 person likes this.
  7. shalusaini

shalusaini New IL'ite

hi Cindhuja,
    come on yaar this pain is for somedays. after some days u will enjoy it . see ur husband is also adjusting with u so u should also bear little pain for him . after some time when ur pain is gone then i am sure u urself will start askin ur husband for this ;)
    when i had it first time time i was also scared of pain . in the mornin i saw scratches all over my husband´s body. this happened at night when i was tryin to avoid him.
    after after 5- 6 days it was normal .
    SO GO AHEAD AND DO IT ;)

Shalu

GlobetrotterG likes this.
  8. malar_arasi

malar_arasi Silver IL'ite

Hello IL Ladies,

I was just going through thread and found very informative :lol:.

I am married for past 2 years and been using KY Jelly till now. We have tried to do without it but I don't get wet so we always end up using KY. I am trying to conceive and If I understand right from thread, KY is not really recommeneded for conceiving. So is there any other lubricants that I can use if I want to conceive (both in India and US) ?? I have heard sthing called Pre-seed in US market. Has anyone used it ??

9. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

Pre-seed can be ordered from earlypregnancytest.com

I've used it but not a great fan . I think my doc told me you can use egg whites instead as well.

10. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Hey Asha, thinking too much about something can create a lot of stress which can affect your health, especially when you're TTC. You've been married only an year so take it easy and let it happen on its own. The more you fret, the more it will slow down your performance and the chances of getting pregnant.

Since your periods are not on a regular basis, the one easy method that you can use to predict ovulation is taking basal body temperature. It's a technique of taking your temperature, usually, first thing in the morning and charting the temp and then finding out when you're ovulating. My periods were really irregular and because of my blod clot history I can't take any estrogen containing BC, so I opted for the FAM method (Fertility Awareness Method) to first avoid pregnancy and then later to achieve pregnancy and I am going to continue it. I am not doing it currently as I am BFing because of which my body doesn't really predict the right temp. Anyway, if you need more info, you can go here Ovusoft Fertility Awareness Primer.

The other option will be to get an ovulation predictor kit, never used it personally though. Good luck and don't worry. Sending some baby vibes your way :)....

Raj