1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Newbie readers at IL, Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by Gayathri47, Oct 5, 2010.

1. priyangamurali

priyangamurali Bronze IL'ite

hi frnds
    me priyanka ...frm tamilnadu .....ardent reader .....like to share everything i read ,anything,...hope i may get sum gud times here ...have a gud day ladies :)

2. trsgeetha

trsgeetha New IL'ite

book lovers

hai everybody,
    i am a new member.My name is Geetha.I am a book lover and that is the reason for my joining this community.

3. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Re: book lovers

hi Geetha, welcome to the site. What kind of book do you like to read? There is a thread called what books are you reading or something like that. Over there, the members share their books.

Hope you enjoy!!! Check it.
    CL

4. smiles4dia

smiles4dia Junior IL'ite

I am a new ILite.Great to c this thread. Used to read as a kid and still continuing.Can't go a day without reading. Stephen King used to be a favourite author.currently into fantasy.Brandon sanderson is a great author.Dan brown,Robin cook,sidney sheldon,chetan bhagat,Sophie kinsella etc are other fav authors. currently reading the wheel of time series book no.4 by Robert Jorden :) If anyone is a member of goodreads do let me know so I can add u as a friend.cheers :)

5. Raniz

Raniz Platinum IL'ite

Hi Friends

I love to read books from my childhood. My mom used to read tamil novels and magazines like kumudam Anantha vikatan, Kalkandu. I too read them. When I was studying 7th std. I've read "Ilavu katha kiliyo" by Maniyan (my first novel). That was later on made as a movie directed by Director KB "Sollathan ninaikkiren. I like to read life histories of famous people and tamil novels and stories thrillers of good writters. Some of my favourites are Balakumaran, Anuradha Ramanan, Aikalan,Ramnichandiran, vaasanthi, sivasankari, maniyan, Kalki, Pattukottai prabakar, Suba , Rajesh kumar and a fan of S.Ramkrishnan's writtings... Happy to be with you all.

6. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Hi smiles4dia and Raniz,

Welcome to Book lovers forum! :)

Why don't you visit the What are you reading now and Book Challenge 2011 threads, and try to take part in it. Also, do visit the other threads. We look forward eagerly to your participation in this forum.

Happy Reading! :)

1 person likes this.
  7. HuggleBuggle

HuggleBuggle Bronze IL'ite

Hi All,
    I want to make a habit of reading books, but never finished any book except Sherlock Holmes. I like detective novels. Can some one suggest me some books with good narration so that I can complete the book with out any laziness. I prefer Detective novels or the books that make me dream/imagine about wonderland. Also would be greatly appreciated if I can find those books in library.
    If I am wrong posting here, Please give me the link/folder name where to ask for good books.
    Thanks
    HB

8. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Did you like Veronica decides to die? I like that book a lot.

9. Mohur

Mohur Gold IL'ite

Hi!

I am an avid reader... I read anything that I can lay my hands on though I prefer fiction/Mystery/Thrillers.

My favourite authors are:
    Satyajit Ray
    Agatha Christie
    Chris Kuzneski
    Jeffrey Archer
    Sidney Sheldon
    ... quite a few more.

Last year I took the reading challenge on goodreads & read 157 books. This year I am aiming for 200 books. This is my reading challenge link for this year: Debdatta Dasgupta Sahay's Challenge

Feel free to suggest new titles...

10. Mahivanka30

Mahivanka30 New IL'ite

Hi,

frankly saying i dont have a habit of reading books...but recently i started with Sidney sheldon books.. i finished Sky is falling and now i am reading master of the game ..