1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Newbie readers at IL, Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by Gayathri47, Oct 5, 2010.

1. cherryblossomg

cherryblossomg New IL'ite

Hello there Im Cherryblossomgirl. I love the sight of cherryblossoms hence the name lol

I love reading and discovering things that why i joined the forum, you never know when you will discover something usefull.

My favourite books are modern romance and medical mills and boon i love historical books like Johanna Lindsey, kinley macgregor..., Paranormal, changling books, contemporary romance books like robin kaye.......

ive read millions of books and would love learning languages and health things.so all i can say from me to you is hi:hiya

2. NRajalakshmi

NRajalakshmi New IL'ite

hi friends:cheers,
    i'm a big fan of reading.....I love reading.:coffee
    I am a good & fast reader...So i like this apportunity for reading and discussing the books........
    thak u IL

3. AshaMurugesh

AshaMurugesh Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

I like to read Tamil Romance novels like RC mam novels. I started my reading in my school days. After joined college it got slow down. again started my reading after finished my college studies and joined in a job. but it was not a continuous one. I will read whenever I find time.

After marriage I totally forgot to read novels. But When I go for delivery to my mom's house, I felt too much to leave my lovable hubby. At that time he gifted some RC mam books. I was sooo happy and read that novels from my mom house. After delivery there was no time to read. Currently my hubby is in onshore, So again I started to read novels. Now a days daily I am reading novels with the help of IL. Thank you all whoever upload books in IL.

4. Radhica

Radhica Silver IL'ite

Hi all

I recently joined IL. I have been to this woderful site from past 1 month but got registered recently.:)

While going thru various forums, I saw a section dedicated to books. I went thru it and voila......... what a nice forum. Aptly named book lovers....

I love reading..... Since I started recognizing alphabets , one can always find me with a book - anywhere,anytime. I gratuated from picture books to comics, nancy drew/hardy boys to modern novels.

Give me a book and I would be happy. I wont need any company or tv or music at that time. Since I read very fast I tend to finish novels easily. I am a big fan of thrillers, mystry, spy, romance. But I stay away from philosophical book. I love to read dan brown, sandra brown, sidney sheldon, jeffrey archer, vince flynn, catherine coulter, jasmine creswell, james rollins, stephenie meyer.

Generally I take books by same authors and finish all books/novels written by him/her. Having membership of a good library really helps a lot. :thumbsup

Hope to make other bookworms my friends.:cheers

5. GGurudevi

GGurudevi New IL'ite

Guru

Hi Freinds,

Im a new comer to this site..Im guru completed BE CSE(2008) batch...

Now im working in a private company,cbe entirely different from my computer field..

Can you join me in your friendslist.. bec im the one and only girl in my company.. all others are boys... so no close friends to me.. the only relief is internet..

Take care friends..

:cheers

6. AshaMurugesh

AshaMurugesh Bronze IL'ite

Re: Guru

Hi Devi,

Welcome to IL. Ofcourse you have choosen right place to get good friends. Here lot of people are there with good heart to help others by uploading books and chatting.

Have a nice time with IL. :cheers

7. Saagini

Saagini Silver IL'ite

Re: Guru

hai guru mam. Welcome to il. You can get lots of friends here. Count me in with your friends list. I'm happy to join you. :cheers.

8. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

hi all, so glad to chance across this section of forum. am a confirmed bookworm. like many on this forum, used to read a lot when i was in school. after that "life" intervened and apart from academics there was no other dimension to life. i dont know how and when i got back to books. of late a spine problem and a surgery have forced me into hibernation vis a visa my career. so i spend ny time reading books sometimes at the rate of one every 3 - 4 days. love classics by jane austen, sherlock holmes, agatha christi, p.g.wodehouse, robin cook, james herriott, gerald durrell, brian weiss ( messages from the masters etc.), elizabeth kubler ross and others on life beyond death, NDEs etc., neal donald walsh on "conversations with god, fiction by various authors, indian authors, shashi tharoors "a great indian novel", fatima bhuttos " songs of blood and sword", fiction based on history and so on. would be delighted if you would include me on your friends list and suggest some interesting books to read. would also love to exchange views on books you have read.

9. parusundar

parusundar New IL'ite

Hi,
    This is my first post in this forum and I am glad to be posting on this thread. I am a book fanatic. I read all kinds of genres from mystery, romance, medical thrillers. My favorite authors are Agatha Christie, Robin Cook, Penny Jordan, Carole Mortimer etc. The last book I read was a novel by Ann Kurian (who is an Indian living in the U.S), called the "One Good Indian Wife" I liked it. I have never read Chetan Baghat books. I am going to the library to get myself one.

10. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Not exactly a new reader but let me tell you anyway how my passion for reading has started. When I was very young, like the days when i started to learn to read English, my father used to buy us series of books. I dont even remember the series anymore as I read quite a few. After I got to some 5th class, our english class book used to have some supplementary studies.

My real passion i guess has started when I was in 11th class with Robin Cook's Coma followed by Daphene's, Rebbecca. From then on, I have been constantly reading books.

Thing is, once I start reading a book, I cant stop. If I like an author, I try to read all his books. That way I covered Ayn Rand (my all time favorite author), Robin Cook, Jane Austin, Paulo Coelho (didnt read all his books), Barry Eilser, Rohinton Mistry to name a few.