1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Newbie readers at IL, Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by Gayathri47, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Geethmuru

Geethmuru New IL'ite

Hi friends, I love reading books... last two years I can't spend much time for reading because of some personal reasons...now I want to catch up and I hope Indusladies will be a great platform for me... Thanks...

2. Thirumurugan

Thirumurugan New IL'ite

Hi I am new to IL
    I read novels like History, fiction and other types.
    thanks

3. GANDG

GANDG Senior IL'ite

Hi
    Though I joined IL long back, this is my first post. I am an ardent reader of all genre of books. Have written one also. I am sure I will enjoy the elite company here. Thanks.

4. shankarishakthi

shankarishakthi New IL'ite

Hai

I am a great lover of reading Muthulakshmi ragavan novels. If anyone has her novels please do share the link.

5. libran

libran Junior IL'ite

I like love stories / romantic genre a lot. Please suggest some best books to start with

6. Imani

Imani New IL'ite

I like to read fiction especially romantic books. I like contemporary & historical romance novels. I like paranormal romance and magic but often the sub-genre is too violent for me. I prefer books to have internal conflict, differences between the hero/heroine/ their families, miscommunication/ misunderstandings, challenge that has to be overcome, etc. I do not really like to have the characters in mortal danger - that's too much action and suspense for me. During 2019, I have been reading a lot of books. I wish I could more easily find books I would love instead, but I have not found a good way to pre-screen books and increase my chances. I really like Nalini Singh's books, so I look forward to her new ones. I liked her latest book in the Hard Play series, so I may have to go back and read the earlier books. In spite of the series being more violent than I usually prefer, I really like her Psy-Changeling series. They are just that good that I am finding them irresistible. I could not get into her Archangel series.

I agree with Saagini about novels with good lovable endings though sadly I do not read Tamil.

Libran - what type of romances do you usually like? What language do you prefer to read?

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018