1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

New Year Resolution

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Anandchitra, Dec 28, 2007.

1. rashmigirish

rashmigirish New IL'ite

Hi All.

A good post.......:-D
    I want to control my anger and take life as it comes....enjoy ever moment..
    do some works that keeps me happy and energetic...;-)
    Planned to do exercise and meditation...Hope everything goes on well..

Keep doing works that brings SMILES on your face...:thankyou2:

Regards,
    Rashmi:2thumbsup:

2. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Hi AC

WISHING U A VERY HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR.....

Very interesting topic ........realy nice to read all replies.......

My resolution is to reduce weight.........reduce my rice intake,plan to fast for all days like Sashti,Sathurthi,ekdadesi,kirthigai,pradosham.........and on tuesday,friday and saturday...........like only tiffin ( one time only)....and fruits...........no rice..........no snacks.......

Planning to do exercise for maximum of one hour but atleast..5 days a week.....

Iam very sensitive......short tempered.......feel i shld change this.....

Iam not a good mother..........i always shout at krishna.......yell at him.....so..paln to hear him, not to shout at him,spend sometime with him.......

Plan not to nag my husband to take me out..........unless he himself do so......very tough matter........still, let me try....

Not to expect anything in return........jus bcos of expectation lotof problems arise............

Do some puja and prayer regularly.......

got lot to add this...........but let me stop.........i know its very very very difficult to implement.........but let me try my level best........

WISHING U ALL A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR AND SUCCESS IN EVERYTHING U DO.......

3. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Anandchithra
    I am person who do not believe in resolution.
    Don't worry be happy. Have faith in Him and He will show you the right path.

4. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

There is increasing evidence from human sleep researchers that chronic lack of even a few hours of sleep a night can result in significant health consequences, these consequences include an increased risk of accidents; fatigue that makes you prone to depressive symptoms or not enough energy to exercise; and even chemical changes that stimulate your brain to eat more and to eat more salty and sugary food."

"Resolve to sleep well this year, and you may find that the energy to exercise and the self-control for healthy eating may then more easily follow," said Kramer.

Adults need seven to eight hours of sleep each night, while teens should sleep about nine hours per night. School-aged children require between 10 to 11 hours a night, and children in preschool need between 11 and 13 hours a night, according to the AASM.

Wondering if you're getting the shuteye you need? The society offers seven key signs that you need more sleep:
    • <LI class=textList>Depending on an alarm clock -- and repeatedly smacking the snooze button -- to wake up in the morning. <LI class=textList>Driving drowsy or falling asleep at the wheel. <LI class=textList>Drinking more than one cup of coffee a day to stay alert. <LI class=textList>Making mistakes that could be avoided with better concentration. <LI class=textList>Forgetting things more easily. <LI class=textList>Feeling blue, anxious or frustrated.
    • Becoming sick more frequently. Sleep is necessary for a strong immune system.
    These problems can be resolved with more and better sleep, according to the AASM, which offers these tips on getting a good night's sleep:
    • <LI class=textList>Follow a consistent bedtime routine. <LI class=textList>Establish a relaxing setting at bedtime. <LI class=textList>Get a full night's sleep every night. <LI class=textList>Do not go to bed hungry, but don't eat a big meal before bedtime either. <LI class=textList>Avoid alcohol, foods or drinks that contain caffeine, and any medicine that has a stimulant, prior to bedtime. <LI class=textList>Avoid any rigorous exercise within six hours of your bedtime. <LI class=textList>Make your bedroom quiet, dark and a little bit cool.
    • Get up at the same time every morning.
    Nice thread AC.
    The above article I read on Msn. Health today and wanted to share the same here as I thought it is the one we usually forget other than eating at the proper time.
    I have also posted the same in the "Health and Wellness' forum.

sriniketan

5. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Sriniketan
    That was a nice information
    Thanks for sharing.................

6. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Bhargavi
    Its a very timely reminder..to sleep well

I really think its very very important.
    If we do get a good nights sleep, we are able to do so much more during the day. Also we feel more energised active no lethargy. There are only benefits to it. The points outlined in the post are MUST to follow..
    Thanks for sharing.

7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Hello Everyone,

nice to read about all your efforts at making and keeping resolutions. For some reason, I am every year reminded of the song(?) "Every morning I make a resolution, every evening I make a revolution". That apart, I have resolved to be more organized - has not been easy with a 4year and a 1year old.

For all of you who are interested in taking up meditation, other than the suggestions offered in the IL website, do check out, Dr. Wayne W. Dyer | Welcome to the Official Web Site . He has also written a book/cd called "getting in the gap" - very effective form of meditating. Some of the suggestions by Deepak Chopra are also quite interesting and doable.

Happy New Year and Good luck!

8. madhu11

madhu11 Bronze IL'ite