New Year Resolution Contest for January 2009

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by Laxmi, Jan 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pari_arun69

pari_arun69 Bronze IL'ite

My new year resolution.

:thumbsup
    Hi and happy new year to my dear and near ilites.
    Usally i never take any new resolutions but after reading your resolutions i decided to take new resolution.

My first one is reduce my weight but i am not reducing at all . Because of this i have developed many health problems.so i request you all to give your suggestions to reduce weight.what diet should i follow.i have thyroid problem and acidity also b'cas of which i always feel hungry.what to do please suggest.

My second resolution is to findout way for getting income to support my family and for me specially because each and every time i have depend upon my husband or my parents for money.which has created a lots of problem.some times i feel like iam totally waste in this world b'cas for this dependency what is the use of being well educated and knowing so many art work.Since iam not so much bold like some of the ladies iam not able to come out and one more reason my age and appearence.so i request you all to give suggestion for this problem also.

My third resolution is to learn more and more new art works and other new things which will help me to bring up my kids and to become more useful to my family and to this world.

2. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Re: My new year resolution.

Hi dear,

from your post i see that you lack self confidence, first you need to build that self confidence up and if you are educated go out and work, get a job see the world outside your home.
    First be totally confident of yourself and then see what you can do, nothing is impossible in this world and please don't say I CAN'T DO IT i don't believe in it.
    try and see what you can do by yourself

take care dear
    love
    alpa:cheers

3. ravi.pushpa

ravi.pushpa Junior IL'ite

Hi lakshmi

Every year my resolution and my motto is "UNITY IS STRENGTH". My family is a joint family with 10 members and in my 17 years of married life i always try to keep up the unity without breaking up inspite of many problems and sacrifice of individuality in many important matters.

So, every year i pray to god that i should have a happy life with all the members of my family and i teach the same to my daughter also.

In future my goal is to do social service to poor and desserted people in full fledge though i do it in a meagre level now.

Pushpa

4. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Many of you will agree with me when I say that learning to drive is a must to survive especially outside India. Some of you may even enjoy the experience of being behind the wheel. That sense of freedom and mobility is exhilarating, I have heard. The candid truth is I am scared and after having got over six years with excuses like hey I have the handsomest, non complaining, never asking for a bonus etc chauffer in my husband, I decided that I must RESOLVE to learn it in 2008.Otherwise I would NEVER take it seriously. I had to attend a boring lecture some place far away from my house (English speaking teachers and driving schools being few in number) then I was given two booklets and a CD of questions with which I prepared for three weeks. I gave my test but failed by two marks. You can imagine what it did to my ego, ME, a chartered accountant failing in a stupid driving test? I did little else except studying those miserable books for the next one week and passed my test with 92 %.(please do not think I got a distinction, passing itself was 88%.)

Then an English speaking guy Mr R was designated to practically train me for a minimum twenty hours. As he was paid per class obviously no one qualified to give the test unless they had taken a minimum of thirty classes from him. I completed about eleven classes by which time my dd returned from her hostel. She was sacrificing her annual trip to India for a driving license that vacation. According to her she had already LOST one year and wanted to complete before she turned 18(here 17 is the age for license).

Hers went off so fine. If her test was on Sunday she took out the booklet and CD on Thursday and so casually prepared herself .She scored 98 % in the first attempt (I have to hear of it for the rest of my life) then since Mr. R had time for only one of us I said she should be the priority. It seems the mean fellow used to compare me with her everyday and say u are ok but your mother I think will need at least 2- 3 months, which had my dd in splits. Well, she passed her practical test too and returned to her hostel. DH and I were to leave for India the next day so when Mr.R came to give me her license we cheerfully said bye to each other and he said. “Call me, okay, after u come back”. I was only thinking about my trip so happily said yes.

After I came back both dd and dh were pestering me to call up “Mr. R”..A friend too called me up and asked what happened to my driving. I told her I have to complete it and she casually mentions. But Mr. R died, no? WHAaaatT. I just couldn’t believe it.A robust man in the best of his health and in his early forties who had cheerfully promised to meet me a month back WAS NO MORE. It seems she saw the obituary in the paper but we never knew how he died. Well, he left me holding a learners license which has also expired now and I have not taken the trouble to find another English speaking trainer.

Isn’t this a classic case of MAN PROPOSES AT LAST but GOD DISPOSES INSTANTLY?

Another resolution which I take every year is that I should be a better person by the end of that year. A little more mature, caring, kinder, confident and generous than I was when I started the year. The year 2008 was no exception and HE decided to test me. My best friend and neighbour here decided to leave for good .I was sad but since it was to India we were sure to keep in touch. I helped her a lot with shifting and made lunch for her family the last three days so that she could concentrate on her shifting. Once her things moved on the last day, she just left that evening without telling goodbye. The whole evening I waited for her visit or at least a call but got none. That night I just burst out crying to my REAL best friend, my dh and he consoled me saying ,”just forget it, maybe they were in a hurry” .and my dd teased me saying “amma,, maybe aunty couldn’t bear the thought of saying goodbye to u….. She was feeling SO…BAD”.

Well, I never knew why she did it, decided that I had given my best to that relationship and so no regrets. I did get a mail from her after 2- 3 months and she never said anything about it so obviously there was no valid reason for that behaviour. We are still in touch and I have never let her know how hurt I was. I think I emerged out as a stronger and bigger person from that incident.

No one CAN hurt you unless YOU, ALLOW them to do so..

MINDI

5. drjp

drjp Senior IL'ite

My resolution on Jan 1st 2008, slightly unusual. Some of you might not find it a happy one.

I realized that my marriage was on rocks in December 07. As expected I was in a confused state, trying to figure out the choices between whats best for my kids and my family. Several incidences on the New Years EVE and New Years Day made me decide.....
    I AM GOING TO TAKE COMPLETE CONTROL OF MY LIFE. I am going to what's best for my kids and me and not what the society norms or what my then husband wants me to do. I AM NOT GOING TO LET ONE PERSON DECIDE WHAT MY FUTURE WILL BE.

Since then my journey to keep up the resolution was very very difficult. Many a times, I got very close to giving up the fight , I got very close to giving into the emotions of keeping the marriage for the sake of keeping it (thanks to many ILites support, I kept going).

At the end of year 2008, I am quite happy about my progress and achievements in the last year. I am out of a abusive, oppressive marriage, gained my self confidence back. My kids are happier because I spend a lot more time with them (for simple reason: I did not have a husband that liked to irk me every day and in laws that complained about every single aspect of me!!). I am actually parenting my kids the way I always envisioned.

Career wise, last year was the best so far!!

Yes, from the being married aspect....it is a failure.
    But on more personal level, do I feel happy about where I am right now? Absolutely......I feel proud of myself for "TAKING CONTROL OF MY LIFE AND NOT ALLOWING ONE PERSON, THAT DID NOT BELIEVE IN THE INSTITUTION OF MARRIAGE AND RUINED MY PAST, RUIN MY FUTURE TOO".

THANKS

Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
  6. guddu4shom

guddu4shom New IL'ite

Hi,
    Hey m glad to enter in this forum cum competition.....lastly when i read that question, i was really confused whether to open it or not....coz the hardship for gettin it is still goin on......

As i said...i wanna say that m having lots of wishes like last year in jan 2008..i was about to complete my grad. n i've planned for gettin a superb mba college...i made that resolution in ma mind ...n u dont believe yaar i made it in cat as well as mh-cet, mat also...i got pretty gud percentile...my family was really happy...but when i was about to join imt mumbai..one of the very gud mba...i lost my father...in the month of june....it was the most hurting way of life to me...coz after acheiving t best victory of ma life..i lost my own best friend..my soul..my father..n that made me too weak..to decide anythg..n i left that idea..coz this time we r facing financial probs..but still trying to acheive ma father's dream..my own dream..whether it will b in the comin year..i will try my best this time..n thats y m doing a job as a CRM in an IT company for not wasting my precious time as well as for collecting the amount also...n i feel .."When there is a will...There is a way.."

Wish for me plz...:)

7. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hello ILites,

Thanks for participating in this contest and making it a very interesting and happening contest.

The contest is closed now for further entries.

Please stay tuned for the Judge's result of the winning entry.

Thanks once again.

8. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Dear ILites,

The eagerly awaited results for this 3-star rated contest is.....

Well before I announce the winner, first I would like to thank fellow ILites Arunarc and saraswathipv who accepted to judge this contest and provided with a very fair and logical judgment.

When judging the contest one thing that we looked at the entries is that how well they have presented about their last year's resolution.
    Okay let me stop with this rattling about judging the contest and straight away here comes the winner....

RamyaVaradharajan

Check out her winning entry here

Clearly all the three judges shortlisted her entry though in different positions.

Congrats Ramya and ladies join hands in congratulating her for a well written entry that touches the human emotions deep in our heart.

Attached is the gift for Ramya for winning this contest. The gift is a ganesha playing tabla.

002.jpg

Ramya, kindly send your mailing address by PM so that we could send the gift by courier.

Also I would like to make a special mention about swathi14 ( a.k.a Andal) who came next in the race. Congrats to you too Swathi14 for coming so close to winning this contest.

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ramya

Congratulations for winning the contest. May you win more and more contest. God bless you.

love
    viji

10. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ramya Dearie
    You came to Il after a very long time and you bagged the gift.
    Wow well deserved.
    Congrats to you for winning this contest and also for getting the job.
    Love you sweetie.
    let Gob bless you to be always successful in life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.