1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

New ways to kidnap Children.....BE CAREFULL

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Zeenat, Mar 23, 2009.

1. sharadha

sharadha Bronze IL'ite

Hi Zeenat,

Thanks for sharing with us. Good presence of mind to make the announcement. Normally we would keep running helter skelter searching for our kids and by then the kidnappers would have vanished with the children.

2. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Zeenat, I wanted to ask you this: did it happen in front of your sister in law or was she forwarding an email to you...
    Please ladies, before you believe every rumour that floats your way, do check if it is an urban legend or not at THIS site. This particular incident apparently never happened, it is one of those email frauds some jobless joker starts...
    Come on, mommies, the scaremongers are everywhere around you... check snopes.com before you go around believing everything that comes along on your mail and unnecessarily increasing your blood pressure.

3. SukiKumaran

SukiKumaran Senior IL'ite

Thanks for sharing.
    Its better to be extra cautious while going out.

4. Zeenat

Zeenat Silver IL'ite

hi krithika,
    actually my SIL (who is not in talking terms with any family members) sent me this mail and i believed her :bang. but after checking out the site i came to know the truth. see im really very very sorry i was also unaware. i was shaken to death :shaking:when i read it and just thought warn other moms. krithika i was more scared bcoz my elder just follows any1 blindly, who has a small baby or any other small child of near by her age. the matter in the mail was abt a small child. my intentions when i sent this post was just to warn other moms.......my sincere apology to all moms :hide:. please dont get me wrong.

5. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

zeenat, hugs. I did not meant it as a rebuke, you know... I just thought you may be worrying unnecessarily. Obviously, you posted it here because you believed it to be true - I am sorry if I had implied that you were being anything but open.
    See, lot of people believe (including me) everything that's written, especially those chain mails you know... I dont know if you every got them, mails saying if you dont send this to 50 people you'll contract some horrible disease kind... they all attempt to scare and intimidate people. From what you've written about your children here, I dont think you want to raise them that way, fearing everything. Stranger Danger is a good idea, but mails of this kind is really scary, but completely false. Of course, there is a good message there, as parents, of course, we need to be careful to pick only what is relevant, methinks.
    Again, I'd not meant to offend you or rebuke you. {hugs}

6. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

oh my wht a shocking incident, it shocked me. I was also in dxb never heard like this before. No place is safe anymore now for kids.

Pardon my language$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

7. jelaja

jelaja New IL'ite

Hi,

I also received this email as a forwarded message. Zeenat my son (2.5 yrs) is exactly like your daughter - if he sees any small child / baby younger to him or of his age he simply stands beside them, gives away anything in his hand just to lure the other kid to play with him. This forwarded message did rock me - when I happened to discuss this with my office colleagues someone mentioned that around the world 330000 children are reported to be missing (I cannot vouch for the figure), I just heard them say it. Many young girls are kidnapped to be used for prostitution, others for organs and many other reasons told or untold. This information should serve the purpose that parents should always keep an eye on their children irrespective of where they are!

8. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

Gosh! That scared me! Why would people do such things? Scary!