New to Gurgaon! Looking to meet people and make some friends

Discussion in 'Delhi & NCR' started by Abhilash18, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Abhilash18

Abhilash18 New IL'ite

Hi All,

I am a 24-yr old Indian Male, recently shifted to Gurgaon from Bangalore for a company project of 3 months,

I went through a similar post written by a female member some years back ( 2008) I felt it may not hold good now, hence decided to start a new thread.

I have heard and experienced ( to a limited extent ) about how nasty this city and people may get.

Also,contrary to the above, I live in one of those posh gated communities in the city which seems civilized as of now.

The city is really unsafe for women, Yes!, But it can get intimidating for a mellow guy like me from the relaxed environment in Bangalore.

I have absolutely no contacts ( forget friends!) here.

So, I would really love to meet people from here ( if they are interested) and really look forward to it!

This forum helped out once, when I really needed help, hope it stays the same this time too.

Thank You. Cheers!

Abhilash

2. hivid

hivid Silver IL'ite

Hello Abhilash,
    I would not commit meeting you but please do let me know if you need any information about the city. I will be glad to help you. PM with your queries.
    The city is quite safe if you follow the safety norms. Agreed it looks a lot scarier for outsiders. 2 years of staying here, I can tell you it isn't that bad as projected.

3. Abhilash18

Abhilash18 New IL'ite

Hey hivid!

Appreciate your helpful reply!, I shall PM you soon with my queries.

Thanks again! Cheers!

4. madhavilatha27

madhavilatha27 New IL'ite

hi abilash
    its a nice place but what I feel is we south Indians are much worried on every small issues. staying for 6 long years in Gurgaon I still feel uncomfortable in this city. dont worry you will get used to this uncomfortness

5. Abhilash18

Abhilash18 New IL'ite

@madhavilatha27 - Maybe your right, broadening my view of Gurgaon must be the way ahead, and taking things in one's stride, the best way out!...

6. mrunalini01

mrunalini01 Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

yes, we south people are sensitive and feel insecure. But see instances are also happening like that., (gang rape on photo journalist in Parel, Mumbai which is posh secured area )

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/n...ety/229935-another-gang-rape-time-mumbai.html