1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

New to Edmonton

Discussion in 'Indians in Canada' started by Anju04, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Anju04

Anju04 New IL'ite

Hello ladies,
    I moved to Edmonton last year from Calgary. I have no family and friends here. I am looking for some good friends here. There is a saying " Food brings people together "
    Let's see this works in my case or not. So if you are alone and looking for friends ,getting bored, if you have nothing to do on weekends let's start a pot luck group,so we can meet have good food,lots of fun,chit chat and masti. I am married with two kids 1&3 graders.I am from Jaipur and can speak Hindi and English. Looking forward for your reply soon.

Love
    Anju

2. Anju04

Anju04 New IL'ite

Well no one us interested in making new friends I guess.

3. shruti1487

shruti1487 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Anju,

This is Shruti. How are you? Just found your post. I am also looking for some friends in Edmonton. My husband and I moved from Ottawa last year. We don't have kids but one is in the making as I'm 12 weeks pregnant. I'm from Delhi (Punjabi background) and speak Hindi and English..

4. Kjay

Kjay New IL'ite

hi Anju...
    i would be moving to Edmonton with my husband in July this year... i am from Maharashtra, India. can you help me with some agencies or property managers to rent an apartment in Edmonton. Also read your post about living in southern part of Edmonton. Just wanted to know how is the job market there, for even survival jobs.

Please reply..
    your help would be appreciated.

Regards,
    Kjay