new to deal with pets

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by gvart, Jul 6, 2010.

1. gvart

gvart Silver IL'ite

hi people,

i'm planning to start growing birds and an aquarium with one or two fishes. can somebody advise me wat do u do with the pets if u r going out for one day or on a vacation. and the tips of taking care of pets. would love to note ur tips.

thank you

vidhya sivakumar

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Vidhya,
    I got this information from Wikihow. But this is related to dogs and cats.
    Hope to see that information shared here, would be of some help to you.
    Here is the link: How to Leave Your Pets Alone While on Vacation - wikiHow.

Let us know how you managed your pets..which would be useful for the new owners of pet birds and fish.

sriniketan

3. sree3

sree3 Bronze IL'ite

Hello vidhya ShivKumar. I think birds are manageable, but Fishes are highly sensitive. But yeah, one or two days is fine. You could get one of those automated feeder cups/machines available in the market that would release limited amount of food into water for those fishes. Know that releasing high amounts of feed into water could be harmful to fishes.
    You could..i dont know if its such a good idea...may be leave your fish tank at your neighbors or freinds? and they would care for your pets while you are away. When planning to get pets, think well and decide. If you would be able to care for them apart your other houshold work and excetraas..i love pets, but i am lazy enough to take care of my ownself..so I opt to admiring them outsides. because i feel bad leaving them at fosters for not being able to manage after some time, they might have developed a boding towards us by that time. So consider all facts and decide, rather than going on the spur of the moment.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
  4. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

Hello Gvart,

Its great to see one more animal lover in this forum.Every time, I meet a new pet-lover, I'm very excited!!!

Regarding pets, choosing the right pet itself is a very big task! Few months back, I was browsing hard to find out how to keep a small aquarium, but now, I have made up my mind, never to have fish at home.For one big reason, I learnt that fish belong to the ocean/sea.

Same goes with caged birds!

If you like cats or dogs, it could be great! You could easily adopt one!
    Thats my suggestion :
    PETA India // Campaigns // Companion Animals

All the Best with your new babies!

5. rachel112233

rachel112233 New IL'ite

Good question.

You will have to employ someone who can take care of them when you are away from them for more than a day.