1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

new to canada

Discussion in 'Indians in Canada' started by nehalprajapati1, Jun 30, 2010.

1. nehalprajapati1

nehalprajapati1 New IL'ite

Hi friends

I got my PR for Canada , i have a wife & 2 kids , can you give me opinion that i should come alone ya come with family ,,,,, hows the starting life there , I M A mechanical engineer ,, how many chance to get a job there ,,,,,,, i dont have any relative or friends in canada , i m by my own ,
    yr advise give me a proper way to plan my trip to canada.....

one more thing i like to know if i cant settel down my self in canada , how i can continue my PR for canada while i back to india .....

wait for yr reply

regards
    Nehal Prajapati

2. KAULNI

KAULNI New IL'ite

hello nehal-ji! My name is Annie and i am a french canadian from montreal. I cannot answer you about all the immigration and job questions. Everything is possible in here. I am looking for an hindi speaking family in montreal so that my daughter ( 6years old) can learn hindi. please let me know!
    good luck.

3. SrideviSuriya

SrideviSuriya New IL'ite

Hi Friend,
    Good to hear u got PR. Indian Professional education are not recognised in Canada, so u may need to start from beginning, however after certain yrs of experience u may apply for professional membership and later get an equallence certificate, Currently, Due to American economic crisis Canadian Job market is not doing well. Intially u may start with General jobs with a minimum expectations, this requires lot of sacrifices including expectations from ur family members, A large Guju Community are here we also enjoy Guju Temple as we r from Ancient Sourashtra. Hope u'll get support from this community, ALL THE BEST.
    Pls review and consider ur childrens education before u start migrating to canada.

Regards,
    Sridevi Suriya.

4. sweetnovember

sweetnovember New IL'ite

Hi Nehal,

About you question regaring moving with or without family, I must tell you a relocation of this kind comes with a lot of stress and it is possible to feel lonely at times. In my opinion, it is best to have your family around especially given the fact that you don't have any friends or relatives around.

About job, really it depends on timing. Sometimes you'll find that there are many vacancies in your feild and there may be other times when you see none.It requires patience.

Immigrating is a big, time consuming and costly affair and no amount of advise can help because every person who lands here goes through a different set of challenges. I wish you and you family luck in making this decision.