1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Liked anything that you read here? You may nominate it as the Finest Posts!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

New to Bayarea - Santa Clara

Discussion in 'New to Bay Area' started by arnita, Jun 26, 2010.

1. arnita

arnita New IL'ite

Hello all

Im new to this bay area, currently at Santa Clara and would move to sunnyvale soon. I have so many queries and thought this would be the right place to post them.

1. We have rented an apt in sunnyvale - in the EL Camino Real. I would want to know if there are any pre schools or play schools nearby. My daughter is 2 and a half now, and would want to know ifi need to put her in a school right away or should i need to wait. Which is the right time to put her in school? WHEN do the schools re-open here?? She was dec born - dec 3rd 2007. Would be really helpful if you could suggest somethin hon this. Im so confused now.

2. Another thing is I don't know why my skin dries out like anything, im usually an oily skin type. But now my skin looks so dry and pathetic, it looks so tight anf flaky. feel so bad. Can u suggest some moisturizer and a face wash that would correct and rectify this. aND HERE It is too sunny and it has tanned me so badly, pls do help me on this, has anyone faced this??

Thanks so much

Last edited: Jun 26, 2010

2. BHARGHAVI

BHARGHAVI Senior IL'ite

hi welcome to bay area
    1) there r some pre schools now its summer holidays so there wont be any schools going on but they do have some summer programs some public schools have year round enrollment but if u prefer some private school u have to wait
    2)even when i was new to bay area i too had the same problem i used many mostiurisers but didnt work finally i used Aveeno daily moustriser somehow it worked apply 15 minutes before and after bath and at night
    For skin tanning u can use aveeno sun screen with spf 35,55,or 70

3. BHARGHAVI

BHARGHAVI Senior IL'ite

sorry about school
    privat schools
    challenger
    startford
    stanford
    raninbow montessori fees (525 for half day program )