New Thread-Ask here the Recipes you want from Chitvish

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Traveller, Dec 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Silly, sillier, silliest me, ofcourse - I have missed such a nice post "praising" me!!
    Believe me, CC, I was one of the most diffident cooks to start with. Then there were recipes around in books - but without revealing the nuances & tricks which make all the difference & make us successful & confident cooks. None had the heart to SHARE! That is the only reason, I pack my recipes with instructions.
    Yes, I want to post the sugar patham, dough patham etc. But the problem is, I need somebody near me to take the photos as & when I make them.
    இதுவரை யாரும் சிக்கலை!
    I am requesting Sowmi to find time for that. With 2 small kids, she is juggling. So, I will surely do it & that is my wish also.
    I am happy, I missed your post earlier because reading your nice post on Monday morning starts my week happily, CC. Thanks.
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. Sakshi

Sakshi Senior IL'ite

Chitra Maami,

You are making me drool!! Well, pictures of Dry Fruit Poli are to die for!! Absolutely mouth-watering pictures Maami. I hate being here!!! wish I was in Chennai and I would have invited myself to your house...everyday ...for every meal..maybe become your neighbor. Are you thanking your stars that I am stuck here?? :) Just kidding... I want to try this poli for Bhogi.

Quick question Maami, your recipe mentioned to drain the dates. Is there any particular amount of time should this be drained? Normally you specify how long each ingredient needs to be drained. Just wanted to confirm.

I am excited that I have a tortilla maker. All the ingredients in hand, just waiting for your signal.

Thank you Maami.
    Love,
    Sakshi..:)

3. Chitvish

So, my very purpose of taking photos is fulfilled!! Thankyou, God.
    The dates need be just softened, fit for grinding - so soak for just 10 mts to make soft.
    I really want an ILite "patient, interested in cooking" neighbour:
    First to hold things when I want to take photo
    Second to give me the correct FB, rather be a guinea pig for my newly tried dishes!
    Are you ready, Sakshi??
    Now go ahead, make Dry fruit poli for Bhogi!:)
    Love,
    Chithra.

4. Sakshi

Sakshi Senior IL'ite

Maami,

I am in!!! Who would not want to watch Da Vinci paint Monalisa!!Now I better go and start nagging my DH to buy a flat/house near your place..:)I would be your neighbor in any shape or form. Hopefully it will happen soon....

Thanks for the clarification. I will be back with the feedback.
    Love,
    Sakshi..:)

5. Newark

Newark New IL'ite

Dear Chithraji,

MAde kali and kootu on t-day and it turned out nice except that it was less sweety...though my hubby said it didn't thegatify him i will do it perfect the next time.
    Ji, we get jeerasambba rice here no idli rice. So my question is can we make idlis/dosas using jeerasamba rice? what is the proportion? And i want to use the same batter for both is it possible?Kindly explain...
    Thanks a lot
    A very happy pongal to you

Newark

6. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    I made the plum cake and carrot halwa (with khoa) yesterday. While the halwa was gobbled up hot , the plum cake was kept a little while to be photographed. No, no, the cake was excellent but was hot so the family had to wait to eat it. Here are the photos. I have no words to thank you.....

Attached Files:

7. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Pramadham Varloo:bowdown:bowdown!

Latha

8. Chitvish

Dear Newark, Now do I continue to call you thus??
    Some vellams are less sweet, can't help it!!
    I will not advise jeerasamba rice for idli. I am sure you must be getting idli rava. Please follow my recipe for idlis with that.
    Love,
    Chithra.

9. Chitvish

Dear Varloo,
    Super pramadam!!
    I must thank you for posting the photo which is even better than mine!! :biggrin2:
    Love,
    Chithra.

10. Chitvish

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.