1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

New Sewing machine recommendation

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by Skiyer, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Skiyer

Skiyer New IL'ite

Hi there!

I was just reading through all the posts about sewing machines, and I wanted a suggestion for myself. I am a major craft hobbyist--I know crochet, sewing and many crafts, but not well enough to be a professional.

I know enough basic sewing--my mother used to have a Merritt (complete with table and foot pedal etc)

I was hoping to indulge my hobby in sewing by buying a sewing machine. I see everyone here at IL seems to recommend stitch magic, but I am not sure if (15k) is in my budget.. is there anything on the lower side that is worth buying instead?

I would like to do little things like sewing basic dresses, mending tears in clothes, or sewing bags. Is beading also possible on a sewing maching? If so, a sewing machine with that feature will be nice too!

I'd also like to work with denim. Any additional features (stitches and embroidery) will be a bonus!

I have an old sewing maching which has almost never been used (*it's my mother in laws). Is there a good exchange rate I could get for it?

Any suggestiosn on the best brand/model are welcome!

1 person likes this.

2. sita_r

sita_r Bronze IL'ite

Go for Usha Allure which costs much less than stitch magic. Or singer 8280 is also considered good option, though i have not tried it.

1 person likes this.
  3. Skiyer

Skiyer New IL'ite

thanks!
    I'll look at the Usha Allure...
    I posted this in the wrong forum by mistake.. How do i move it to the sewing forum?