New Problem in TTC - "TB" - Need Support

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by durgees, Mar 31, 2010.

1. durgees

durgees Bronze IL'ite

Hi everyone,

I kept it to myself for so many days and now I think I need some mental support as I feel down so many times.:drowning

We are TTC from a long time, though all the reports were good.

First I went to a doctor near our house and did a follicular study. It was fine and then she did an HSG X-Ray test. God only can bear the pain of it. I was so tensed and tightened myself, that she gave a report telling both tubes are blocked. This happened in Jan 2009.

Then I was so down and lost hope in english medicine and procedures. I kept taking some ayurvedic medicines through a doctor near my native. No results until June, so we went to Dr. Gayathri Karthik of Bangalore and she is very good also.

First thing she said, the HSG report is wrong and the X-Ray shows one tube is fine. After that she went in a proper way of treatment. She prescribed stimulation + Follicular study for 6 months and then go for laproscopy to check if the tubes are fine. For me she reduced it to 4 months.

Every month the growth and rupturing was fine. So I went for laproscopy in October. Both tubes were fine. Everybody were happy that though we spent a lot of money, the report has come out positive.

She asked us to skip for October and start trying from November.

Many of my friends in Bangalore went to Kukke Subrahmanya. They come back to see they are pregnant that month. Believe me ladies!! That temple is really having some power in air, or water, or I dont know. I went there in November, with Husband and MIL. I had UPT positive that month!!! No words to express our feelings. I took off for office as I had mild cramps in stomach.

I went to Dr to show me the UPT. Her face sank immediately. She asked my Manipal Hospital number and called the hospital and verified something. Then she gave me the sad news - I cannot continue this Pragnancy!!! as I have Tuberculosis infection inside the uterine wall... Oh God, WHY ME??

The thing was, there is a report pending from the surgery I had in October. It is the micro-biology report, which takes 6 months to come. and the culture which they took from my uterus, has developed tuberculosis positive.

The worst thing was the way she explained me the consequences. If I continue the pregnancy, while starting with TB medication, the medicines have their effect on foetus, which causes physical/functional abnormalities to the baby. like deaf/dumb/blind. She said, she can wait, but if there is a physical problem, she can see in scan. but functional, she cant. so if I am ready to take the risk, I can proceed with the baby. But I am not having so much positive thinking, and I cant blame anybody if I get an abnormal child.

I took a second opinion from EPMC clinic also. She said, as my age is still supporting me, I should not take this risk. She too gave me lots of hope, that atleast I am capable of conceiving normally, for which I should be happy about.

Then with so much pain in my heart I took the tablets and terminated it. I cried a lots and lots while taking the tablet. I slowly consoled myself then. I saved a soul being born with some abnormalities and having to bear it all thro its life. And this is a much awaited baby in our family and if something goes wrong everybody will be disappointed.

Now I am under 9 months TB treatment and what an irony, I have to prevent myself getting pregnant till the tablets get over.

Counting my days to complete this 9 months tablet. Many times we lose patience and feel like having a baby immediately. But my tablets prevent me from that thought....

I guess I am the first case in uterine TB in indusladies, as I searched thro the forum and could not fine any one. And came to know from GG hospital that this is common nowadays.

One more thing about Dr. Gayathri, she increases your hope and faith more. She wants you to have strong belief that you will conceive and ask you to say so from the heart.. I told her once and it worked that cycle ifself...

So everybody please pray for me, and feel free to ask me if you need any clarification on the above doctors/treatment/tablets if you came across such cases.

Hoping for success at the completion of the tablets.. And I would be happy to hear your supporting words.

Thanks,
    Durga

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010

2. soncha

soncha Senior IL'ite

Hi Durga,

It's unfortunate to hear that u had to terminate ur pregnancy after all u have gone thru but have faith in god b'coz whatever he does only good come out of it. Hope the 9 months of the TB treatment will be over soon and u can get preg again without any hurdles.

Will pray for your speedy recovery and good luck. Baby dust to u soon.

Soncha

3. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Dear Durga,

The moment I saw your picture in one of the Bangalore meetups thread,I verified your profile and learnt that you are from kumbakonam and I hail from the same place.I have seen you in one of the marriages happened in Chennai last year(Mar 2009 I hope...).I have met you somewhere in kumbakonam.Do not know where it is...

Now coming to this problem,I could say that you have taken a very good decision.Please think about the problems you might face during your pregnancy because of this Endometrial TB.I had a lap 1.5 yrs back and my endometrial tissues were tested for Endometrial TB and hence I know the basics of this.

Please continue your TTC attempts after completing the medicines and the good thing is you were able to conceive naturally once inspite of your tubal problems and this.Your age will also support all this.Luckily you did find all this before reaching the critical point of pregnancy.

Please be hopeful.God is there with you!

Take Care Durga!

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  4. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Durgees,

Sorry to hear about your state. One of my friend had TB and it was diagonsed at a early stage and she took medication. After recovery from TB she started her TTC journey and succeeded within 6 months and have twins a boy and girl. I dont know if its a family history her elder sister also had the same complication. Once TB was cured, she was advice to proceed to IVF considering her age (35+) and succeeded in the frst cycle itself and has a 10 year old daughter now. Things have advanced a lot in 10 years and there is nothing like not having a baby. Be positive :thumbsup, you will amke it.

5. durgees

durgees Bronze IL'ite

Yes Soncha,
    God did that for good to save me from suffering all thro my life... But it is hard to digest..
    Thanks a lot for your prayers...

~Durga

6. durgees

durgees Bronze IL'ite

Hi RG,

Very surprised to know that someone knows me in IL.:)

My sister-in-law's daughter got married in March 2009, and my brother-in-law's son got married in Feb end 2009. You may have seen me in any one of this... Your name is also familiar for me. Now am :confused2: to find you... I am from THSS, kumbakonam, passed out in 2001. May be you can get some clue.. :cheers

Coming to my treatment, sometimes I feel I have taken a wrong decision and could have given a chance to it. Becoz Gyne in Kumbakonam said, it is common in most ladies. When they do a c-section, they could see this infection and then inform the patient to take medication. otherwise it is not known unless we test the endometiral tissue. I hope god is planning something better for me...

~Durgees

7. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Thanks Durga.Iam from THSS passed out in 2000.I saw you in Gurupriya's marriage(girl's name is Gurupriya..Do not know the guy name though)..

I have not heard about this medication option.BTW,which doctor did you consult in kumbakonam?

8. durgees

durgees Bronze IL'ite

Hi Radha, Thanks for your supportive words.

Now I am little scared as you mentioned about IVF. I am praying god, to ease my conception after my treatment. It is very hard to go through any other treatment again.

But happy to hear that she had twins. Though I know the difficulty, I always liked twins. But I am praying for one atleast!!!

~Durgees

9. durgees

durgees Bronze IL'ite

Wow! You have come close. Gurupriya is my SIL's daughter.. Gurupriya Narayanan. I went for her seemandham also last month. She is expected to deliver in April.

I consulted Dr. Suryakumari, DGO. She is well experienced and a Govt doctor also. She is my neighbour.

Hi Raji,

Are you related to Gurupriya or just friends???

Sorry to bother you, I am cracking my head to find you now...

~Durga

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2010
  10. umashankari

umashankari New IL'ite

Dear Durgees,

iam almost lost after reading ur post...I don't have words to console u...u have indeed gone thro lot of trauma.. But pls don't loose hope n faith...am sure u will definitely be blessed with a healthy baby... We shall all pray for u dear... Don't u worry about the past...I know it's easy said than to go thro'...but the future is urs n it will bring u all positive things....

Pls take care...good luck... My prayers r there for u...