1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

new method of teaching abc, colours

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by kads, Mar 23, 2007.

1. sushmi

sushmi New IL'ite

hi all,
    my daughter who is 2 yrs and when she was 1.5 she knew the whole abc songs and could recognize all the capital letters..at that age..
    and she learned it by only watching the videos of abc songs on youtube,
    and she can count to 1-10.
    when i try to give her learning toys that hav abc's and other things..she do not play with them with interest but watches videos with lots of interest..and learn quickly..
    even some nursary rhymes she learned frm videos only..
    not whole day she watches TV and videos but 2-3 hrs in a day not continuous...
    it also give me sum free time when she watches videos..

sushmi

2. Sjw

Sjw New IL'ite

Useful site to teach alphabets,numbers and rhymes

Hi All,

I wanted to share the information about the following 2 free softwares which I found really useful for my 2 year old son.

1.ABC Kid Genius v2.19 software available at a kidgen.com. This is really useful to teach them alphabets,numbers and small words. My son has benefitted a lot from this and he is able to recoganise all the alphabets both capital and small letters, count till 30 and he has also started reading small words.

2.http://www.dadazi.net/Home/ebkrym.html
    This site has many downloadables for rhymes..this is also really useful.

Hope you find it helpful,:thumbsup
    Regards,
    Sjw.<SCRIPT language=JavaScript>function e_friend(){var e_add= prompt('Enter your friend\'s email address:',' ');// var subj= prompt('Enter the subject of your message:',' ');// if ((subj==" ") || (subj==null)) subj="Have a look at this site. http://www.kidgen.net";window.location="mailto:"+e_add+"?subject="+subj;}//--></SCRIPT>

3. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Starfall is really helpful in teaching for kids.
    Irely on it a lot to teach my younger DD.

4. redapple

redapple Senior IL'ite

My DD(2 yrs old) knows to read ABC and she also recognizes the letters but the problem is with small abc letters...

She does not show interest in learning small letters as they are so confusing(for example n and u, p and b, d and q) which are exactly reverse and whenever she tells n as u and I try to correct she loses interest in that...

How do you all manage this situation and do you teach small abc's together with capital ABC's

Please share your experience...

Thanks