1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

new method of teaching abc, colours

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by kads, Mar 23, 2007.

1. JustAni

JustAni Silver IL'ite

Hey,

I started teaching my daughter by writing it on a rough Diary.... Like capital A is - Up-Down-Cut... Capital L is - Down-Out.... Capital M is - Up-Down-Up-Down.... Then one fine day when we were waiting for someone in front of a building... She tells me "Mamma see up-down-up-down --"M"..... I was so thrilled..... Bow

Colours are a little confusing for kids, so often they mix it up... They mean to say something, but end up saying something else..... So everytime you pick up an apple...say See Red-Apple.... See Yellow-Banana.... See Green-Grapes... See Green-Pears..... It'll be easy to associate the colours to the items....

Happy tutoring!!!

2. deeptiprachi

deeptiprachi New IL'ite

Dear vijubala,

Thank you very much for your information about Starfall. Do u know any site for teaching numbers. Really thankyou for the alphabets. It is nice and very helpful of you.

Regards
    Deepti

3. sindhujav

sindhujav New IL'ite

hai,

My 2 year old daugter learnt all her abc's from Starfall website..That's a good one fro kids.

Sindhu

4. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

sindhu super website.I missed for so long.Anyway i have taught my son from another software.Thank you for sharing

5. sowmyaganesh

sowmyaganesh Senior IL'ite

Hi njoylife

There is no such thing as ideal age, but earlier we start much better. I was informed that we can start teaching babies as early as 3 months old.

Look at this site brillkids.com for information on this subject.

6. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Just wanted to add my bit here. I've been using this toy Fridge phonics from Leapfrog and it is great! Combined with starfall.com it makes for a super-fun and easy way to learn the alphabet. My son has only been playing with it for a week now (he's 16 mnths old) and he can already pick out 7-8 letters...

Vanathi.

7. dilens mom

dilens mom Senior IL'ite

hi kads.
    There is one method of teaching ABC make dosas in the shape of ABC (with table spoon)
    and make pooris in the shapes of circle triangle and square.or use fun clays for colours as well as shapes or alphabets. If u use fun clay method it increases eye hand coordination.
    all the best . bye for the moment.

8. palayil

palayil New IL'ite

hi
    u can use alll the vegitables that we use daily. introduse 3 colour at a time . then mix and ask them to separate, only one perticulor colour example, yello lime ..or red tomato or pink onion

9. easy

easy Gold IL'ite

hi,
    how do u teach numbers to kids. is there any logical way.
    In his playschool..he is taught nos. But when he tells them invariably he misses the no 3&4 . it goes like this 1,2,..5,6,7,8 again he skip 9,10,11,12 and starts with 13,14,15,he has found a new no called "Eleventeen".:)

i trying to teach him by counting fingers etc.. he does not seem to get the logic. BTW, he is 27 months..i am not overly worried..just want to learn what other moms are doing

thx
    prabha

10. Zeenat

Zeenat Silver IL'ite

:thumbsup thanks vijubala. the site u posted is very nice and informative. my girl showed so much interest learning....

zeenat.